[Playlists] Number of freshly added Tracks next to Playlist

In the latest update (1.0.1.1060) the notification number next to my playlists is gone. I follow a lot of playlists and checked every time when a playlist was updated and which tracks were added (blue dot). Please let me discover new music this way again!

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're switching this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
izak1995
Casual Listener

Hi it's a good idea.

but why after 2 years we don't see this idea in app???

retroflex
Gig Goer

spotify_notification_marker.jpgupdated get a number next to playlist to show the new additions to the playlistSince yesterday the "New Releases"-Section is broken for all users of the 0.9.x - Versions.
Therefore its about time to use the new release, even if its still only targeting casual users that follow a handful of playlists.... The new spotify version is still not useable for real music lovers that follow about 100 playlists, because the user can't keep track of changes in the playlists, like it was possibble in 0.9.x with this handy feature of notification numbers... If you really believe these numbers scare the casual user, then integrate a checkbox in the configuration for switching that feature on/off.

Gunnar5000
Music Fan

After such a long time, it's very strange that it has not been introduced, think it's very hard to have to go into each playlist you follow to see if something new has been added.

/ Gunnar

EvilRegal
Casual Listener

Was that meant in a sarcastic way @Gunnar5000? ;)

Some people do have more than 10, 20 lists they follow so to check each of them all the time is............

aarontevis-us
Music Fan

Deleted comment. Suggest using Zapier, but apparently it only works on playlists you've created.

Karlmusic1

What is the notification on my app icon? I can't figure out how to clear the number. I'm on android. Thanks. 

DJ_Palmis
Gig Goer

Hi guys,

Do You know any other music streaming service that offers a similar functionality?

I don't know: Amazon, Google?

aarontevis-us
Music Fan
Ya, Spotify, 4 years ago.
DJ_Palmis
Gig Goer

Is it possible that no competitor has tried to take away customers with this functionality?

pacarazzi

This idea would be game changing for people who collaborate to find new influences & music (bands), friends, great as a little surprise for couples who collaborate on playlists, and just perfect for someone who really trusts a label or individual’s curation skills. The list goes on. This should definitely be added again.