[Playlists] Number of freshly added Tracks next to Playlist

In the latest update (1.0.1.1060) the notification number next to my playlists is gone. I follow a lot of playlists and checked every time when a playlist was updated and which tracks were added (blue dot). Please let me discover new music this way again!

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're switching this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
ElJarno
Casual Listener

As I'm really annoyed of this so called "user experience improvements" I recommand all of you to install an old version getting here http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/old-versions/ and prevent auto update. How to do this https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Tutorial-stop-auto-update-and-use-...

DJ_Palmis
Gig Goer

Yes, I'm on the old version but it is very old now, some old or new featuters did not work.. 
I have no word.. Shame on you Spotify team!

Hjsurk
Regular

Updated: 2015-04-14

Hey guys, we're marking this as a 'good idea'. Please continue to leave your feedback here and we'll update you as soon as we can.

Well, it has been over a year. Where is the update about this idea?

gareth8
Roadie

@DJ_Palmis said:

It seems that even users in this community don't care about this feature..
I can't understand how they discover new songs.

Yes, I wonder how people are finding out that playlists they follow have had new additions. Are they just physically checking every one? That's tedious. Perhaps by email notification? Though if that's as broken as the new releases notifications they're going to be missing out there, too.

Seriously, this is vital functionality; second only to the desktop notifications of new releases that they saw fit to remove. Have we really got to keep banging on about it for years until someone listens?

EvilRegal
Casual Listener

"Are they just physically checking every one"

Guess yes, but I'm one of those who has a lots of playlists and that's just annoying and very *YAAAAAWN*

Am still very much for this to come back!

DJ_Palmis
Gig Goer

I think they follow just two or three artists.. There is no other explanation.

Riespost
Regular

This is the most frustrating feature of the new versions of Spotify. I'm still running the Spotify-version of December 2014, because in that version the indicator of updated playlists still works. But what the **bleep**, how hard can it be that turn this function back on. Come on, Spotify. Is it still just a 'good idea'? 

retroflex
Gig Goer

still no development in this topic since years, therefore still using the 0.9.xx client.

because of that the new version is still not usable for real music-lovers, that got more than a few mainstream playlist subscriptions.

nobody wants to click through about 100 playlist subscriptions every week just to check if theres some new hidden content.

DJ_Palmis
Gig Goer

No words..
Ehi Spotify are you there?
Is there any employee who read us?
If I could I would come in Sweden and ring your intercom!

caryonbae

I receive restricted and extremely rare notifications on my Mobile App but it was more comfortable for me when I had all my notifications (new songs, new album releases, playlists' updates, new followers, new playlist followers and so on..) on my desktop version. And I don't want to seem picky but as a music lover I expect always more (and not less) from my Premium subscription. And notifications were quite important to me, considering the fact that I'm trying to follow more than 500 artists and be updated somehow. So yeah, this issue is quite a bummer. 
BRING 'EM BACK! :(