[Playlists] Number of freshly added Tracks next to Playlist

In the latest update (1.0.1.1060) the notification number next to my playlists is gone. I follow a lot of playlists and checked every time when a playlist was updated and which tracks were added (blue dot). Please let me discover new music this way again!

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're switching this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
DJ_Palmis
Gig Goer

Hi guys,

Do You know any other music streaming service that offers a similar functionality?

I don't know: Amazon, Google?

aarontevis-us
Music Fan
Ya, Spotify, 4 years ago.
DJ_Palmis
Gig Goer

Is it possible that no competitor has tried to take away customers with this functionality?

pacarazzi

This idea would be game changing for people who collaborate to find new influences & music (bands), friends, great as a little surprise for couples who collaborate on playlists, and just perfect for someone who really trusts a label or individual’s curation skills. The list goes on. This should definitely be added again. 

Hjsurk
Regular

Could anyone from the team reply to this idea? Lots of votes, people asking for feedback. Mind boggling that we receive zero feedback.

belkinfahri

Yeah, this small changes aren't that complicated. They could implement them so easily and make and option with toggle in the settings for people who doesn't want this feature.

Lysdestic

I'm not even sure why I maintain my spotify subsription anymore. It's great having all this access to music, but the "We Know Best" attitude as it pertains to all the excellent features that have been removed over the years -- with more and more being taken away with each subsequent release -- is getting so tiresome. 

I've been frustrated with this for several years now. Features I have relied on and that have been integral to my listening expereience have been removed in the past, this included. Playlist notifications, lyrics, the increasing slowness on both the desktop apps and mobile, folders for playlists -- the list goes on.

Spotify used to be great for former sailors of the digital seas, if this keeps up, it will be a great example of why we should go back to them. 

The next dropped feature, and I'm gone. 

Bob_Dobbs
Casual Listener

why would i follow a playlist if i didn't want notifications?  This feature used to exist.  My girlfriend made a playlist for me and she acts like i'm ignoring her every time she adds tracks and i don't say anything.  Get it together, Spotify, you're ruining my relationship.

Tom
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're switching this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Lysdestic

Hey, Tom

As per my previous comment above where i stated I would cancel if another feature similar to this one was removed, It seems appropriate that I update and say that I am cancelling my membership in a public fashion in the hopes that other users see it and do the same. User comments or concerns mean nothing. It's my hope that little gestures like this will be the start of a snowball effect, and that maybe, just maybe, spotify will one day change course.

This is unlikely of course, we all know that features have continued to be removed, spotify continues to show an utter lack of care and respect for it's userbase, and the market has changed vastly since 2011.

Landscape mode? Really? Whatever, it's a small feature, but another one gone. And further proof that you guys simply don't care and are blind to what your users have been screaming at you for years now.

You guys aren't the biggest fish anymore. Better options exist. And you don't deserve the users you have.