[Playlists] Number of freshly added Tracks next to Playlist

In the latest update (1.0.1.1060) the notification number next to my playlists is gone. I follow a lot of playlists and checked every time when a playlist was updated and which tracks were added (blue dot). Please let me discover new music this way again!

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're switching this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
jen22

I agree with everyone above. It is so frustrating, it was really easy to discover new tracks this way. I don't have time to search through each individual playlist.

WHY PIDDLE ABOUT WITH IT SPOTIFY!?! Arghhhh!

If it's not broke...

Please kindly listen to your paying customers and reinstate this feature ASAP! 

tmj0812

I'm very confused - why is this classified as a "New Idea"?

Ytse
Casual Listener

New version feature not back yet. 

Spotify: Status update please

ashquerida
Regular

This is not a "new idea" because it's a feature which was already there.. I updated to 1.0.3 and it's not back yet! Bring it back ASAP!

JVinagre
Casual Listener

HI,

I really use this feature on a daily basis. I won't update the app until spotify gets this feature back. Thanks, Joao

andrew78

Agreed,

Its a great way of keeping an up to date with new muisc added to playlists. Really cant understand why they would do this.

PLEASE SORT IT ASAP>

alsie27

Agreed! I don't understand why this feature would be deleted.

It seems that now it is only possible to see that a new track has been added to a playlist by going to the notification menu at the top of the screen. But the notification menu is small and difficult to browse through.

I follow a lot of playlists and I care a lot more about some of them than others (but that doesn't mean I want to stop following them). When I go through the notification menu, I am forced to read lots and lots of notifications for playlists I don't really care that much about. What's worse is that the notification list mostly loads really slowly or not at all (the last time I waited up to a minute but it wouldn't load, and my internet is reasonably fast otherwise). But when the information about a new track was available next to the playlist name, I could see at a quick glance at the left column that a new track had been added. I always have my currently most interesting playlists at the top of the list in the left column anyway so this makes it easy to focus on those playlists I am currently most interested in. I suppose the developers haven't taken into account this possibility.

ntcarr

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2015-04-14

Hey guys, we're marking this as a 'good idea'. Please continue to leave your feedback here and we'll update you as soon as we can.

bjc999
Roadie

Removing this feature destroyed my world.

Please restore this very useful and simple feature.

Thank you!