[Playlists] Only selected Playlist Authors for Collaborative Playlist

Hi!

Recently, me and a few friends have started to get this kick ass playlist together of the music we all share and like. Obviously Spotify is the best way to do this. However, a playlist can only be managed by one single user.

Wouldn't it be a great idea that the 'founder' of the playlist can assign co-authors?

Would love to hear the feedback!

Updated on 2018-08-28

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans to introduce 'Only selected Playlist Authors for a Collaborative Playlist' right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Comments
Rocio
Spotify Legend

Hello guys!

Ive merged a similar idea to this one, Ive also added the kudos amount.

Good idea!

Thanks for the feedback :)

Ibwan

Just adding a quick suggestion on how this could be implimented without too much development.

Each playlist would have two share urls associated with it.  Only people that have the collaboration url will be able to modify the playlist.

In the interests of security, it would probably be a good idea to reset the collab url if you were to disable and re-enable the collaboration option, so if the url gets into the wrong hand, you can just generate a new url without killing off the subscribers.

Jedebel
Roadie

If I create a collaborative playlist with a friend and then I delete the playlist will it still exist in my friend's account?

Peter__
Community Legend

@jarefri yes ;) 

Peter

MikeB
Casual Listener

Good idea, it sucks that when a playlists is collaborative everyone who has the link can change it.

Seanom

This would be great from within the Web player.

It does not look like it is currently possible from the web player options?

marshuck

Where is the collaborative URL? Is that a feature available now?  Thanks.

krikelin
Community Legend

I think this is possible for staff playlists.

See, for example Spotify Reception mix radio, has entries from multiple authors. It seems that there is a lot of hidden features in Spotify, including multiple authors and playlist text that is only available to employees of Spotify. It is unlikely they are making the playlist collaborative for one second when adding the stuff and then lock it again.

BillaBobTnh
Casual Listener

Agreed! More and more people are asking for access to one of my playlist that I have collaborative with one other friend. But I don't trust others to not change anything and therefore can't/will not share this with my other friends.

Should be an easy fix to make it so users/authors can give special privilege to others. Like it is with facebook-groups etc.

For example you can give another full access to change whatever they want, or you could restrict the person to only have access too add new songs, and no deleting.

This would make it possible to keep the list collaborative with the (trusted) friends and also give access to everyone else without jeopardizing the list(s).

krikelin
Community Legend

Might be the same case like with playlist text, there is a lot of hidden features only staff can use