Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Only selected Playlist Authors for Collaborative Playlist

Hi!

Recently, me and a few friends have started to get this kick ass playlist together of the music we all share and like. Obviously Spotify is the best way to do this. However, a playlist can only be managed by one single user.

Wouldn't it be a great idea that the 'founder' of the playlist can assign co-authors?

Would love to hear the feedback!

Hey everyone,

We're happy to announce that you will soon have new options for managing collaborative playlists - they are rolling out to everyone over the coming weeks.

Users will have the ability to review who currently has access to individual playlists, share collaborative playlists with large public groups, or keep them small and private for that special tightly-knit group of friends.

You will be able to:
  • Pick your favorites. As a playlist creator, you can now invite or remove users from collaborating on your playlists, meaning there’s more control over who has access to editing the content you love.
  • Share privately. You can now set your collaborative playlists to private, so no one can view, search, listen to or share a playlist– except for those chosen few who have been invited or given collaborative access.
  • Change your mind? At any given time, a playlist owner has the power to see, add and remove who gets to collaborate and follow their playlists.
For details on how the feature works, see:

Because of this change, this other idea is also being implemented. 

If you don't see this yet, don't worry. Just make sure to keep your app up to date and it should be available for you soon. 

Thanks for giving us your feedback in the Community.
Comments
zacac3

Spotify you guys should just do it so that it makes the spotify community happy, which in turn will not turn away users who might find another app with this feature already existing.

Premfrmvie

Sadly making collaborative playlists with your friends isnt a huge help, since the only way to make sure that no one else can edit the playlist, is by making it private. This causes a bit of dilemma, 1. Keep it public, that other people can enjoy the playlist you and your co-collabers have made and hope no one changes anything or 2. Make it private and keep the playlist exactly how you want it, but without giving other people the chance of hearing it.

jluhrsen

yes please implement this feature. I don't care if I have to make my playlist public

in order to let others edit it, but I want to limit who gets to edit it to a specific set

of users. Ideally, it would also *not* be public and only shared/collaborated with

that group of users I want.

jmhanania

I think this is a great idea. I don't like public playlists at all (I barely have any), but would love to create a playlist for road trips with my girlfriend. I'd rather not open it up to everyone on Spotify to either edit or play. It's a personal playlist for the two of us.

ashertwilde

I neeeed this! 

k-o_0e0p6wkr

I know that exists collaborative playlist... But what I wanna do is make that only a few friends can edit, insert or delete the songs of the playlists... That way, they can show me new songs as I am able to show then, and anyone without permission can change our playlist.

zamad1000

Would be great if this could be implamented into spotify. Company playlist etc.

kaduc3us

Guys, we need this so much!! We need more options for our playlists for example the ability to make the playlist public so anyone can follow it but only the people who are authorized can edit it. The ability to add people by they username maybe and then they are able to add music and no one else is able to ruin the playlists. Please make this happen 😞 very much needed!!

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2018-08-28

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans to introduce 'Only selected Playlist Authors for a Collaborative Playlist' right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

would be great if we could select specific people we would like to collaborate with, don't want anyone sabotating our playlists