Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Only selected Playlist Authors for Collaborative Playlist

Hi!

Recently, me and a few friends have started to get this kick ass playlist together of the music we all share and like. Obviously Spotify is the best way to do this. However, a playlist can only be managed by one single user.

Wouldn't it be a great idea that the 'founder' of the playlist can assign co-authors?

Would love to hear the feedback!

Hey everyone,

We're happy to announce that you will soon have new options for managing collaborative playlists - they are rolling out to everyone over the coming weeks.

Users will have the ability to review who currently has access to individual playlists, share collaborative playlists with large public groups, or keep them small and private for that special tightly-knit group of friends.

You will be able to:
  • Pick your favorites. As a playlist creator, you can now invite or remove users from collaborating on your playlists, meaning there’s more control over who has access to editing the content you love.
  • Share privately. You can now set your collaborative playlists to private, so no one can view, search, listen to or share a playlist– except for those chosen few who have been invited or given collaborative access.
  • Change your mind? At any given time, a playlist owner has the power to see, add and remove who gets to collaborate and follow their playlists.
For details on how the feature works, see:

Because of this change, this other idea is also being implemented. 

If you don't see this yet, don't worry. Just make sure to keep your app up to date and it should be available for you soon. 

Thanks for giving us your feedback in the Community.
Comments
janni62de

Spotify please add this, it would be very helpful! 🙂 

munchiefer

I'm honestly amazed by what's going on around collaborative playlists. I mean... come on.

1. People request the feature because they need it.
  2. You want do edit a playlist, you need an active internet connection.
  3. You're aware that the internet is full of trolls.
  4. People are already complaining they got trolled and continue to request this feature since 2012. (!!!)
  5. Spotify still doesn't integrate the requested feature because it doesn't gather enough kudo points.

At this point I think they're just lazy , bathing in the money we give them. I hope we'll see this integrated soon. A collaborative playlist without some proper moderating tools is like lighting a fire and leave the scene while hoping it won't spread and destroy something.

Late edit:

1. I do hope Spotify realizes the fact that there are only a handful of people who actually log in here to suggest or give kudo to ideas (compared to how many active premium and free accounts are out there). C'mon guys, it's been 7 years since this was requested. Just make it happen already. 😞

2. I find it funny how kudo points matter more than the fact that this feature request still sees activity even after so much time. It's time to revise your idea review system, Spotify!

Fedinapepi

when this really smart idea will be finally applied???

Jᴀᴄᴋ

This is a good idea, should be relooked at.

Borosbar

Yes like a private collaboration where you can nominate contributors or where moderators take suggestions and action them . Giving the whole world admin rights to your playlist is madness and will be abused. I don't mind people adding (Although annoying) it's when they start deleting things stat to fall apart. 

TNav

"Listener mode" and "Editor/Collaborator mode" (as a Google Drive Document)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Limited-collaborative-playlists/idi-p/336912

Consider also the ideas from this. I know you merged it with this suggestion already.

Collaborative playlists should stop being private only in order to implement a collaborator mode and a listener mode. Playlists would have two different links and also the possibility to be accessible from the profile and the search for the first time thanks to the listener mode.

jie_95n-l2sm

Spotify needs to actually implement this. It would make the platform so much better. Stop twiddling your fingers and get on the features your users really want. 

rul3s

Please, without this collaboratory playlists are just useless.

afromert

it would be great if it comes with next update

Meytal

Commenting hoping this will bring this back to life. @spotify, I don’t know how to explain how important this ꧁ 🇮 🇸 ꧂. My DJ duo half & I h͎a͎v͎e͎ a playlist 𝚝𝕙𝑎ᴛ grows all The time, it’s our life & soul. We need it to be collaborative but it’s also out in The Wild & people follow, love & listen to it. But they’re starting to add & I’m terrified songs will be deleted. Please please please make this a thing so we don’t h͎a͎v͎e͎ to keep two playlists up to date for ourselves vs. The public.