Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Play multiple selected Playlists

Sometimes I'm getting tired of listening to a specific playlist or style, so I want to listen to a mix of playlists.
It would be great to have a function to select multiple playlists to play.

Updated on 2019-01-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
terrytowelling
It's not just that they refuse to implement it but that they (partly)
withdrew this functionality - it used to be possible to play a whole
folder. Bring that back at least!
IVAN_Z

Guys, come on it is 7 years since such ideas have started to appear. 

Why not make at least roughly under experimental features or expose some API to develop plugins? 

imacattack

This is how I like to DJ events (casually), which I have been able to sort of do using folders on the desktop app. However, would love to have this function for my own casual listening as well, as it would enable a greater custom listening experience .

I often don't know exactly what I want to listen to so I usually end up shuffling my entire library, but this would allow me circle around closer to what I want - without getting too narrow with only one theme/type of playlist.

Would love to be able to check/uncheck playlists to be included in a large listening/mixing bowl of shuffled music - basically creating your own station out of a mix of playlists to match the current mood!

faustocps

I want the random button again

rjreed

I'm shocked this is not available now and no plan to do it. This is pretty basic functionality for a music app. I switched from two other very popular music services to Spotify and was surprised thiis isn't possible yet 🙁🙁🙁

shanbanan

I agree! Tonight I am going to a pumpkin carving party with my Musical Theater friends. I would love to be able to select/shuffle my Halloween playlist, Musical Theater playlist, and maybe another party playlist to have a mix of curated styles depending on the people I'm hanging out with.

PapaJayjay

I came here to suggest this, only to find it has been languishing in limbo since 2015?

Such a simple thing. Take a daily mix, and shuffle it with another daily mix, or one of my own playlists, or an album I'm into. Seems pretty straightforward and easy. As opposed to automatically connecting to Waze, or turning on drive mode, or suggesting to turn on drive mode constantly...

Please?

You absolutely must make this an option along with selecting and playing music folders/etc on mobile/pc. We should be able to add any list to our queue for free so we don't have to put them all in one playlist anyways to do the same. You would save so many people who have playlist genres, moods, and favorite artists so much trouble if they could select which folders, playlists, artists, albums, radios, and so on they want to shuffle On BOTH mobile and personal computers. If you have folders without this function on mobile what is the point of adding them to folders when you can't listen to them all. It's 2019 and Spotifys vision is getting fogged with the same old music playing in one playlist or even worse, a few singles playing on repeat in one sub-playlist. Greatful for all the awesome music but it's time to make a change. If this is not a feature perceived in 2020 I'm switching apps. Happy national app day guys. Let's hope they'll actually listen this time. 

A feature that would show which songs are already in a playlist or folder you created would be nice. So far it only shows if it is added to the same playlist. A list of playlists it is added to would be nice in a pop-up. Kind of like a pinterest pin. 

mrbly

I'd love to make a new playlist "C" that is the union  of playlist "A" and playlist "B", and have it automatically include new songs I add to each. I have a few playlists that are combinations of others already, but I have to do it manually, and update both when I add new songs. I know I could save them as folders, but that overloads the functionality of folders, and it forces union-folder-playlists to sit at the bottom level of whatever directory they're in.

Intersection and difference would be great, too.