Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Play multiple selected Playlists

Sometimes I'm getting tired of listening to a specific playlist or style, so I want to listen to a mix of playlists.
It would be great to have a function to select multiple playlists to play.

Updated on 2019-01-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
chandwki

They should just open source the client so we don't have to beg for features only to get ignored.

mrjim_com

@chandwki +1,000,000 to that comment 

hadassahrichman

I would love a feature where you could shuffle 2 or more playlists together without permanently combining them. The only similar thing I can think of is the feature on Quizlet where you can study two flashcard sets at the same time, but they remain separate sets when you finish. It would work the same way - the songs in the playlists would completely shuffle for the listening session, but the respective playlists would remain intact.

EDIT: Here is an example of a time when this feature would be useful: "Chill playlist" and "upbeat playlist" are in the same folder, while "bedtime playlist" and "wakeup playlist" are in another folder. But maybe you want to shuffle "chill + bedtime" when you're working, or "wakeup + upbeat" if you're cleaning the house! The possibilities are endless, which is why I think a feature as described above would be best.

Maybe there is a "Shuffle with..." option when you right click a playlist, or maybe you can drag and drop one playlist on another one and then it prompts you giving the option to add anymore playlists to the listening session, just shuffle those two, or cancel altogether.

Petya
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-04-13

Hi @hadassahrichman,

Thanks for submitting your idea in the Community!

We're marking this as a new idea that users can add their votes to. 

For more info on how to get an idea submission approved as an idea, refer to the guidelines here.

Ouap

Great idea ! I thought about it many times, would be very handy

This could be implemented by allowing a play button on playlist folders. Maybe make playlist folders visible for people so they can shuffle entire libraries at once?

hadassahrichman

@skyeblack

Thanks for your comment! I'm pretty sure there already is a play button on desktop folders, though not on mobile. I know I and many others have some playlist folders that are not organized by type of music, but more like type of playlist if that makes sense. For example, "chill playlist" and "upbeat playlist" would be in the same folder, while "bedtime playlist" and "wakeup playlist" would be in another folder. But maybe you want to shuffle "chill + bedtime" when you're working, or "wakeup + upbeat" if you're cleaning the house! The possibilities are endless - I guess my point is that for me there are too many to create a separate playlist or even folder for each combination I find myself wanting. I'm going to add this to the description to make it clearer 🙂

nrhatigan

Would be great to bring back playlist folder shuffle in mobile. It was a great feature from the past that was removed

m_torraville

This is something I’ve wanted in Spotify since the very beginning. Let’s say you’re having a get together and you have friends that like Pop, Classic Rock and Country and even a little Rap.  You could quickly select the top Spotify playlists from those genres and hit play. This could be done quickly, but right now you’d have to make a custom playlist, or sit there playing DJ constantly looking for the next song to play. This change would allow you to enjoy your time with your guests and stop staring at your phone. Please, please give this change new consideration!  If I find that feature on another platform I will switch because it means that much to me. 
Thanks for your consideration. 

tcapocci63

"NOT RIGHT NOW" in 2015 could be "NOW" in 2020...