Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Play multiple selected Playlists

Sometimes I'm getting tired of listening to a specific playlist or style, so I want to listen to a mix of playlists.
It would be great to have a function to select multiple playlists to play.

Updated on 2019-01-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Ivri

Hi, my name is lvri and Im very obsessed with Spotify
I really like using it, but I would be happy if there will be an option to play two different playlists in shuffle, or an option to re-shuffle all the queue (and then I will put two playlist in the queue and shuffle them together)
Thank you!!!
Ivri

utymav

So I got the idea for this as I have playlists that consist of different genres. I thought it would be really cool to be able to pick two playlists to put into shuffle play so that you can listen to both at the same time. 

Maybe the way it could be done is so that the user goes onto the playlist and clicks the 3 dots and picks an option called something like "Duo Shuffle" and can then pick another playlist to shuffle alongside. The general idea o how it works is it plays a song from playlist 1, then picks a song from playlist 2 and keeps alternating between the two.

This would be a useful feature and maybe could even include playing two albums on shuffle together.

elcisitiak

I just got on this page to suggest exactly this! I have playlists of specific genres but often I want to mix them, and I hate having to make a whole new playlist every time. It would be great if we could have some sort of modular playlists so we can mix them! 

Emsantil2

Also adding my support for this function. I like to have all my music sorted and separated in playlists very specifically. Many would go well together and would really like the opportunity to shuffle the songs from multiple playlists in a listening session.

TheCake28

Please input this idea soon please !

Frankicide

Adding all fours in a playlist to another playlist would satisfy this need for me 

I often want to take a few different recordings from an artist on one playlist and add them all together. This is mostly with the edm artists i listen to, where they will have downs of mixes on different playlists scattered around. 

Bloo_Ink

I think there's a misunderstanding of what people want and why they want it. I just tried to submit a new idea and was redirected here, to a dead post with the wrong problem and the wrong solution. I have multiple playlists each with their own name and purpose. Most times I want to listen to them on their own but sometimes, like when I am on a long drive, I want to be able to listen to all my downloaded music. Like a large library. Liked music (imo) does not solve this issue because I like and dislike songs as my preferences change I may like a song now and dislike it two months from now. But that same liked song is in a different playlist. Being able to shuffle or play all songs/playlists in a library or is an essential feature.

mvv83

but they **bleep** on us...

Bloo_Ink

If anyone is interested I made a new ticket, it's called [your library] shuffle/play all downloads/artists/playlists go give it vote if you like, or make your own and post it here. I will definitely leave a vote on any post I find on this topic.

I figured I'd leave this here to try and restart the conversation on a new thread. I don't think Spotify is listening to this thread anymore considering it's age.