Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Play multiple selected Playlists

Sometimes I'm getting tired of listening to a specific playlist or style, so I want to listen to a mix of playlists.
It would be great to have a function to select multiple playlists to play.

Updated on 2019-01-15

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After speaking to the right teams, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
hotroddeathtoll

I think it would be quite nice if there was a feature to shuffle playlists together. For example, I often see two of my daily mix playlists that I can’t choose between to listen to, so I believe it would be a brilliant idea to add a function where people could combine multiple playlists together.

c_xione-llcm9

if two or more playlists have songs we want to listen to but don't necessarily want to combine them into one big playlist, we should be able to add them both to some feature that allows all the songs to play on shuffle. It could mimic one large playlist in viewing but can be undone or altered. this could work for playlists by others that we follow as well. 

almacaw

Seems like such an obvious missing feature.

Today I want Rock and Pop.

Tomorrow it will be Jazz and Pop.

This is at the very core of your product and is the thing I pay for (listening to music via playlists). Its seems very obvious that I might wish to combine playlists depending on my mood. I would much prefer you do this than some feature (like content) which you want to be the next big thing.

txleea

BEEN WANTING THIS FOR SO LONG, PLEASE SPOTIFY !!!

lol1738

Th feature will basically allow you to play different playlist at the same time. For example, two playlist can mix into one without having to rearrange it into the queue. Rearranging the queue can be time consuming.

Let me clarify that it won’t create a whole playlist just the rearrange and shuffle the queue, but having the option to make it a playlist would be awsome.  

JelmerV

This idea was first requested in 2015 but got the "not right now" status, so maybe 2023 will be the year.

It would be great to have the option to put multiple playlists on shuffle. I know it is possible to create a folder on the desktop and add some playlists, and put the folder on shuffle, but that is a massive workaround and not always possible or desired.

Implementation idea 1:

An option to create a "playlist set", this works similar as the add songs to playlist option. You will get the option to add multiple playlists to your current set and play them in order or on shuffle.

Implementation idea 2:

Add an option on mobile to add a playlist to queue and the option to reshuffle the queue.

dlawton

Simple but oh so desirable. While randomly playing any playlist, be able to click on any other playlist so it randomly plays from both lists (instead of exclusively playing from one). Similar to other ideas, but won't create or save a new list--or add anything to a queue. It's infinitely flexible with minimal code and minimal graphics. I doubt many users check ideas, let alone vote for them. Fingers crossed...

dlawton

Please offer this. Please. 

mnky_lvr_2010

I've been wanting this feature ever since I joined Spotify in 2012. My sister used Pandora and they had a feature like this. 

Spotify just released the blend feature. If they can do that, they can allow me to play multiple playlists...

HCKmn

Yes please! Had the same idea. 

Should also be possible to select albums.