Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Right-click song and enter desired position number to move song in the playlist

Having to drag around songs in a big playlist to change the order is very cumbersome and time consuming. It would be great if we could simply right click a track and have the option to enter the "playlist position" to easily put the song on a specific position in the playlist. 

Updated on 2022-04-11

Hello @ _lpl_,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Kiril
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-04-11

Hello @ _lpl_,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

jirvine

I had a similar idea to IpI, I would like to designate the "top" or "bottom" of the queue when adding a song or group of songs to the queue. Thank you! 

Burlinge

I especially agree with what @jirvine said. This would be super helpful and convenient!

kyahwel_5k

This is convenient especially if you have a playlist wherein you want the newest track to be on top. Hope to get this in future updates.

4tndt-_kgozg

Pleasseeeeee implement this! This idea has been suggested many many times and it’s such a simple feature.

Spotify As Is:

Currently on Spotify, while i’m listening to a song in a large playlist and I come across a separate song that I would like to play next, I have to use the “Add to queue” feature. This adds the selected song to the bottom of the long queue.

I then have to drag the song all the way to the top of the queue so that it can play after the current song I’m listening to. This is a long manual process that should be automated.

Solution:
The best solution is to add a “Play Next” feature which immediately adds the song to the top of the queue so that it can play next without users having to drag up their long song queue list. 
Evanm555

This is such a basic function that nearly all other streamers have, it’s intuitive and simple yet a huuuge headache to work around in Spotify especially on mobile!