Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
ehmct

I only use spotify on my phone (android) and currently you can't search any playlist for a song let alone all of them. You can't use ctrl f on your phone or any other filtering, so even though you can use that on the desktop to search a specific playlist open in a window it makes it extremely frustrating to search a playlist on a device. It'd be really great if this idea were finally implemented

daxkerchner

ehmct wrote:

I only use spotify on my phone (android) and currently you can't search any playlist for a song let alone all of them. You can't use ctrl f on your phone or any other filtering

Hey ehmct!  FYI you should be able to search within one playlist on your Android phone.  When in a playlist, swipe down to scoll up all the way, and a filter bar will appear at the top.  This bar doesn't appear automatically when you open a playlist - you have to swipe down to scroll above the playlist image.  You can type in the filter bar to search within that playlist.  I think that's what you're looking for?

albertoapardo

Seriously can't believe this isn't a feature! It would be honestly so simple to have a search feature that actually works by checking every song in every playlist, not to mention incredibly useful.

confliktk

Agree ... Please, I really miss this feature! 

plorthnarg

Yes search within all your saved playlists in one search. This is useful for those who have numerous playlists. For me as I add to my playlists often enough I can't remember if I have saved a tune to a playlist so to search all the playlists at once answers the  question for me.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @onty07 thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Community. Since this idea has reached 100 votes I've had a chat with our Search teams about this request. Right now we don't have plans to build this feature, so we're marking it as 'Not Right Now'. However it's still open for votes and feedback so please leave it here. We'll bring to the Search teams if it continues to grow, thanks!

jim849

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments expressed already. It seems to me to be a flaw that music lovers just don't understand and techies don't get! Of course we all have favourites tracks we want to play now! but can't find. I've added the same tunes time after time cos I didn't remember having done so already. As to this being flagged up many times over the last few years, see techies above. Who's running this site? Music lovers or techies?

Frustrated James.

sdagless

Hi there, 

It would be great to learn more from the search team on how they arrived at their decision. I've just switched from Deezer and this is the single biggest disadvantage of using Spotify.

It's just makes sense... I am in my playlist, I want to listen to song [whatever], how do I find it?

Thanks.

kadinhp

Love this idea! Hope developers will give this a thought in next big update.

magonzz

Yes! Please!

I've been wanting this feature for at least a couple of years now. Sometimes I want to listen to a song and I KNOW I've created a playlist in my library that contains the song, but can't remember which playlist(s) contain it. It would be great if the Search results also returned matches from my personal public/private playlists. Please Spotify, this search feature seems like a huge oversight.