Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
cecilles

Right now would be best

Nicki4

I want to search through my playlists by song, looking up the song and seeing all my playlists that include that song, it would be easier to find a playlist if you know a song in it but forgot the name of the playlist instead of looking through all your playlists individually.

Petya
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-05-10

Hey there  @Nicki4,

Thanks for submitting your idea! 

It has been marked as a new one and others can now vote for it!

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify, click here.

Hwithana

How basic and essential is this function to not implement right now? Compered to some other ideas in the Ideas section?

AdamDam

I’d be interested in this idea being implemented as well; it would be great to know which of my playlists contain a given song in order to help with promoting diversity of song choices by that artist among my playlists.

I also think it would be cool to be able to find other users’ public playlists that have a given song in them as well, in addition to one's own playlists; that way one could potentially discover similar music in other users’ playlists based on that song that both you and the other Spotify user presumably have an interest in.

anatchim

We *need* this... I am a Spotify premium user for quite sometime (years), and I have a gazzilion playlists... you guys *need* to implement a search feature within our playlists 😞 😞

Samikhan_56

I also have this issue. I'd like to be able to search across ALL of my playlists. The best way to do this at the moment is to put my phone on airplane mode then search for the song in the search tab.

Please make it so that I can search all of my songs without going on Airplane mode.

MONK-

Can this idea gain some traction again?

It is one of the only features that could add to Spotify's easy listening. I have SO many playlists and certain songs are added into a few different playlists due to it's sound/genre fitting respectively within each playlist mood.

I would love the option to search through my own playlists to find where I have added a particular song and continue listening to the playlist that has that song in it.

It is inconvenient to search in the general search bar because that will only suggest the song you're after, the albums that contain such song, public playlists (with those that have a high follower-base or that use that song as their title being suggested first), then podcasts relevant to the search and so on. 

My suggestion would be possibly to add an extra search suggestion titled 'MY PLAYLISTS' and that way, when someone searches a song in the general search bar, all your saved playlists with THAT song come up and you can proceed from there. 

Otherwise, instead of the popular public playlists being at the top of the search list, the results prioritise your favourited/personal playlists first and THEN the generally popular playlists relevant? 

Alternatively, I've noticed on the Spotify on the smartphone has a search bar to find your liked/favourited/personal playlists by title. Perhaps the feature could somehow be added there, whereby typing the song will show which playlists have that song. 

If the Finder search bar (on Mac) can do it with Word and pdf documents I'm hoping it's not that hard to install, but what do I know.

Thanks for considering it regardless!

delysid23

Grrrr.  Why even let users create playlists if we can't find which one a given song is in other than by scrolling through literally every one of our playlists?  It's like a car with no steering wheel.  Come on, fix this problem!  It's a fatal flaw in one of Spotify's most core functions.

victor871129

Go to 9ww(d o t)github(d o t)io
As someone close to the author I can assure you the webapp does only read-only operations and the data stays on your device. And in case of a filtration a outside attacker can't do too much, he only can look at the music you like, or maybe are you listening too much 40's propaganda german songs?