Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
nativalderrama

Please make this a feature!! 

I have way too many playlists and i'd like the option of searching for one song in ALL my playlists.

cecilles

Yes, critical feature as peoples' use/playlists grow.  Thank you - way over the ciritcal mass of votes now.

Jraz
It is amazing that such an important feature is absent.
It is so trivial to want to search inside the playlist that I can not
understand why they don't make it...So many people want it.
Shame on you!
Shutter

i just tried to find out which offspring songs i have saved in my library

and i can't....

good joke

was about to move all my music over to spotify

no longer

enjoy your self interests spoty people

i will warn others

5am

That’s nuts with it being ’not right now’ as should’ve in any case been ‘to start with’!

premium member votes should count for more as well.....

5am

That’s nuts with it being ’not right now’ as should’ve in any case been ‘to start with’!

premium member votes should count for more as well.....

on top top of that..., the original Spotify allowed you to do this, so they needlessly removed this function and have now decided not to replug it -  barmy that in ‘development’ of the system, it’s being made less user friendly.  That’ll really do great for customers won’t it 🤔

Schpotifi

I don't think I understand what the precise feature request is here. I assume it is a request to implement a search over all the users's playlists (not just searching within a single playlist, that's already there).

I second that request as I think this would help to keep things organized. This feature is especially important now that feature request 189710 has been rejected.

weertt

I've been a faithful premium user for over 5 years now and I find it really baffling that such an important feature is still not implemented. Searching within all my playlists simultaneously is very needed feature. Please make it happen.

unseenlarks

searching within playlists on the web player should be an option. Ctrl + F isn't reliable because, on large playlists, many songs don't load.

Jraz
On an Android device you don't have crtl+....
So this not an option.