Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] See which playlists a song has already been added to

Sometimes I think of or hear a song and I want to add it to a certain playlist but I’m not sure if it’s already in there, or I just want to know what playlists it’s in (e.g. I accidentally added the song to the wrong playlist and want to take it out, but wasn't sure which one I accidentally clicked/pressed on). It would be nice to to have a feature where you can check which playlists of yours a song has been added to. I know that you there’s a notification if it’s a duplicate, but it would be more convenient if the song is in multiple playlists to just see all of them at once rather than getting that notification one by one for all of them, if that make sense.

Edit: someone in the comments suggested having checkmarks next to the playlist names in the "Add to playlist" drop-down and that would be perfect!

Updated on 2024-02-09

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

We have some exciting news to share with you: you can now tap the green check mark icon Check Mark Icon.png of a song/episode to see which playlists it's been saved in! You also get quick access to all of your playlists in case you want to add the song/episode to (or remove it from) some of your other playlists:

The playlists the item's been saved in will also have a check mark.The playlists the item's been saved in will also have a check mark.

Thanks again for helping us make Spotify better. We're always striving to provide the best possible user experience and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comments
PurpleFan

so needed thing!!!!

Len38

I think this is exact same thing to myself several times a day!! I just noticed that there is even a little search feature when you are in your library viewing your playlists, but it will only search playlist names. Please simply add that this search also searches songs in those playlists. That would be a dream!! 

J3sTR

I would really like this feature to be added and my idea for it would to implement the checkmarks on the playlists the song is in to every platform in some way (I believe this was a feature in the past and something caused them to remove it but I may be wrong)

TheBenAffleck

Avoid duplicating the same song in different playlists. 

I want each of my playlists to have songs that don't repeat. 

It would be really nice if there was a way to see if the song you are playing is already in a playlist that you have. 

Len38

Often I come across a song and I KNOW that I've got it on an old playlist somewhere. I don't want to search every single playlist to hunt down where that was when I haven't listened to them in a while and I don't want to put it on a new playlist and end up overusing the song.. That's just one example of how I would use this. PLEASE. I would use this every day. 

slipstream422

i also felt the need for this functionality so i created a web app called www.spotifyfinder.com

- this web app will allow you to search across your playlists for a track or artist or album (search tab).

- this web app will allow you to search across your playlists for duplicates (duplicates tab).

- this web app is a set of tools to make curating your playlists a bit easier.

- it is free and open source

hope this helps

dajim92

Thank you slipstream422 - I will give it a try!

gregoryawesoman

Since march, 2020 still not implemented( awesome speed

yuleeque

Like, this:

desktop_radio.png

spotify.png

mobile.png

HQ32

I'd like to see the playlists in my library a song appears on.