Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] See which playlists a song has already been added to

Sometimes I think of or hear a song and I want to add it to a certain playlist but I’m not sure if it’s already in there, or I just want to know what playlists it’s in (e.g. I accidentally added the song to the wrong playlist and want to take it out, but wasn't sure which one I accidentally clicked/pressed on). It would be nice to to have a feature where you can check which playlists of yours a song has been added to. I know that you there’s a notification if it’s a duplicate, but it would be more convenient if the song is in multiple playlists to just see all of them at once rather than getting that notification one by one for all of them, if that make sense.

Edit: someone in the comments suggested having checkmarks next to the playlist names in the "Add to playlist" drop-down and that would be perfect!

Updated on 2024-02-09

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

We have some exciting news to share with you: you can now tap the green check mark icon Check Mark Icon.png of a song/episode to see which playlists it's been saved in! You also get quick access to all of your playlists in case you want to add the song/episode to (or remove it from) some of your other playlists:

The playlists the item's been saved in will also have a check mark.The playlists the item's been saved in will also have a check mark.

Thanks again for helping us make Spotify better. We're always striving to provide the best possible user experience and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comments
Tickedy_boo

Isn’t this just an add to multiple playlists feature? I thought the thread was about seeing that playlists the song was in. This would potentially lead to playlists that others have made that have a similar vibe

Kylefaver

It seems like some of you had some different ideas of the specifics of this. But if you click on the plus if it’s already been added to playlists, the playlist selector pops up and will already have some ticked. Therefore you know which playlists the song is already in. I mean this solved the issues I faced so I’m happy with it. Just didn’t want to keep adding the same song to the same playlist on multiple occasions just because I forgot. 

xp2bt_3-drzx
I have this new plus update and this is NOT what I meant when they deleted my original suggestion for a feature and sent me to this thread.

I want to see the playlists that I have created that feature an artists songs, on the ARTISTS PAGE. Like the playlists that are already there publicly in “featured on” except MY playlists.
matt_s_s

Hoping this is full implementation and not another test but, yes, it does seem that the change has been rolled out. Thanks to everyone who commented and voted!

matt_s_s_0-1678452095690.png

tb777

this would be so helpful and would make it so much easier to find the playlists I am looking for! I just had this idea too and am glad that it is already being circulated and I hope it can be implemented soon. Sometimes I just remember my playlists by songs or artists rather than my playlist names. One idea is just to make song and artist names in the library searchable so that when you search up a name of a song, your corresponding playlists pop up in the Playlists section as the first shown options

LaggyKar

I haven't gotten it yet, so maybe it is a gradual rollout. But in the screenshots it looks like you still have to search through the whole folder structure, and also it only shows playlists you are able to edit , which limits its usefulness. Also, I only see mobile screenshot, is it also available on desktop? That's where it's needed the most, some you can't even shuffle a playlists on mobile, which is what my issue was about.

Leporine

Yeah - still waiting to see which Playlists I've created contain a specific song. EG: This STILL only suggests which of my playlists do I want add the song to (and yeah sure, a message pops up if you try to add a track to the same playlist more than once). Tried a few ways to bring up "which of my playlists is this track already added to" but zip....

I'm a bit miffed that they charge so much per month, pay the artists so little, and haven't made a reasonable volume of usability improvements - spending the dough on yearly reports/gimmicks. Time: AEST monday morning. 

Leporine_0-1678666371941.png

Leporine_1-1678666576046.png

Len38

The feature was added to mobile, please also add this to the desktop app

a_m3005

Spotify should certainly add a feature where you can see which playlists of our own a specific song is in. I say to implement this feature because it helps those who really like a song and want to see if it's added to the right playlists we make without having to manually check if it is, which is a hassle. Manually checking if a song is in all of the right playlists by typing the song name into the search bar every time is highly unproductive. Possibly add this feature to the ellipsis or three dots button that appears for every song & add it above the 'Add to Playlist' option. I think many people who create a lot of playlists to suit their tastes would agree with this feature since having a lot can get hard to keep track of.

damianblacklock

So it looks like this feature is now updated on the mobile app, but not the desktop app. I mainly use the desktop for playlist creation as it's about a million times easier and quicker.

Please update the desktop app!!