[Playlists] Separate Personal Playlists from Followed Playlists

It would be very useful to separate the playlists you have created for yourself from the ones that you follow, possibly by having separate tabs or sections. Me personally, I listen to my own most often but I will follow ones that target a specific genre for certain moods or to find new music. This can get very cluttered, especially on the desktop application. The mobile application fixes this by having your recently played playlists at the top, however on desktop you would have to re-arrange your playlists in order to find an older one. I have a lot of playlists because I use spotify daily, and I think it would be a useful feature for some of your very active users.

I realize that a similar idea was proposed a while back but it is inactive and I wanted to suggest it again. 

Hey @jag21 thanks for bringing your idea to us. Right now we don't have plans for separating your personal playlists from the ones that you follow. One way you could do this today is by making playlist folders for your personal ones and ones you follow. If this status changes we'll let you know right away. Thanks!

folders_twitter.png

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-10-18

Marked as new idea.

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

Lauderdalezel

Since i could not post a new idea I'm just going to piggy back off this one and say if you can't separate at least have the option to sort by date modified, name, type, etc.

cyclingcindy

Yes! I create playlists for my fitness class (not always my favorite music), have music I really like, and then have people/playists who/that I follow. I would love to be able to sort and manage these playlists in a more meaningful way.

Conqueror315
Casual Listener

To build on this, I feel like a folder system would be perfect. I could create a folder for "Spotify created playlists" and throw discover weekly, release radar, ElectroNOW, Fresh Electronic, etc in there. Then create a folder for followed playlists created by other users, a folder for my personal playlists. The organization level would be SO nice. Please take this and run with it Spotify, this would be a great enhancement. 

yaroedi

Well... There actually IS a folder system. Is use it and it works great. Its just only manageable from the desktop apps. You can use it on mobile fine, you just can't edit folders or move playlists. No idea why. Maybe we should vote for this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlist-folder-organization-in-mobile-apps/idi-p/51517

goblinant

Just to follow up on yaroedi's post:

If you use/download the desktop app and then use the File -> New Playlist Folder (CTRL + SHIFT + N)

Capture.JPG

You can then drag and drop your other playlists into these folders.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Antony

crematedman
Community Legend

good idea, as some people have suggested, folders work pretty well though!

Lauderdalezel
Spoiler

I just don't want to go through all the playlists to find out which one's got updated recently (mobile not PC). I downloaded ALLOT of playlists, I just want a date modified sort option. I love Spotify without it but its just a suggestion

Conqueror315
Casual Listener

Thanks for the posts everyone! I'll be creating folders via the desktop app later today! (I generally use the web player since my work doesnt allow external software installs)

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey @jag21 thanks for bringing your idea to us. Right now we don't have plans for separating your personal playlists from the ones that you follow. One way you could do this today is by making playlist folders for your personal ones and ones you follow. If this status changes we'll let you know right away. Thanks!

folders_twitter.png