[Playlists] Shuffle/randomize the playlist without repeating songs that have been played recently

Hello!

So we all are familiar with the shuffle button on a player which randomly pics songs from a playlist/artist page/radio or whatever.

What about a [shuffle instantly ] button which is in the box of buttons when you click on those three dots when you're inside your playlist and Spotify using algorithms will shuffle your playlist instantly?

I'm not really friendly with shuffle button on player and using this button would help me randomize my playlist much easier.

Using default sorting and then dragging each song is a painful task if you only prefer to shuffle song order.

Or the second shuffle method:

Select multiple tracks in the playlist and right-click on of selected songs and if selected at least more than 2 songs, the box will suggest a shuffle/randomize button which will rearrange the position of songs.

Updated on 2019-08-09

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-08-08

Hey!

It sounds like what you are looking for, already exists. on the top of every list of songs in a Playlist, there is a green Shuffle button. Pushing this button instantly starts shuffling the playlist. Is this what you are looking for?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regular

Hello again!

No, that’s what I described in first paragraph.

I meant shuffle instantly (selected) song order  in playlist, or if nothing selected then shuffle order of all songs.

reason is because if I listen songs in shuffle mode, some songs gets repeated eventually and I really don’t  like that.

with this button I could shuffle the order of all the songs scrambled from all playlists I decided to put together and listen to them without repeating them eventually.

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-09

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here