Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort Playlists by Personal Play Count

This way if we come across a playlist or search results that are showing alot of songs, you can sort them by listen count so you can either listen to songs you have heard often that you know you already like, or conversely, you can listen to songs you have never heard and gradually make your way back to songs that you have heard more often.

I have included my mockup from photoshop what this could look like if implemented as i see it.

SPOTIFYIMPLEMENT.jpg

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
TechieLoot

Would love it

Schymebc

That's a brilliant idea. By seeing counts we can sort out the music that we do not listen anymore in our music lists.

shanswami

Wholeheartedly support this idea. Seems like it'd be a simple implementation, just another column in our desktop view. Plus your end of the year emails with the year recaps show that you guys already have the data anyways

jblattnerNYC

This would make playlists so much better, could even have most played songs of the summer, month, etc. Really great idea that should be implemented ASAP 😃

SubzeroSC

I have been wanting "play count" for songs in SPotify for years, this is the only feature of Google Music that makes me consider it over Spotify from time to time.

spacecadetjon

I can't vote for this because the playlist feature is too specific. While sorting our playlists by personal play count may be a good idea, I think a broader idea--that organizing playlists by a variety of ways--could get more votes and more attention.

dalecarter

It should update the playlist cover art accordingly as well... Definitely not a necessary feature, but would be a neat addition

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2017-01-16

Hey everyone, thanks for coming to the Community to show your support for a personal play count in Spotify playlists. While we absolutely like this idea, we don't have plans to implement this any time soon. We'll jump right back in here as soon as this is in our pipeline in order to give you a heads up. Until then please keep leaving your votes and comments here. Thanks!

Hazael

Mi idea es que haiga una opcion para que la app de spotify pueda volver a reproducir mis canciones ya descargadas sin tener que piratear

carl_harris

I think this is an absolutely brilliant idea, this reminds me of the similar feature which Apple introduced in its early version of iTunes.