Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort Playlists by Personal Play Count

This way if we come across a playlist or search results that are showing alot of songs, you can sort them by listen count so you can either listen to songs you have heard often that you know you already like, or conversely, you can listen to songs you have never heard and gradually make your way back to songs that you have heard more often.

I have included my mockup from photoshop what this could look like if implemented as i see it.

SPOTIFYIMPLEMENT.jpg

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
MattyL1990

This is so stupid, it's such an easy thing to implement.

Spotify creates a playlist of your top played songs for the previous year, if you accidentally hit one of the filters(Artist, Album, Play time) it completely ruins the playlist and there's no way of reverting.

timvanbourg
I am amazed at the basic things Spotify doesn't have. Others have it.
leafcountry

Make it happen already!!!

festas33

Using spotify since day one. Annoyed by this missing feature since my first day. Just make it happennnnnnnnnnnnnn. Arghhhhhh

JESquare

It's obvious people want this, so I suspect that it has to do with Spotify not wanting to share the data. 

KingGodCurse

Ah, good ol' Spotify! Everything is either ignored or pushed aside. Face it, folks, we'll NEVER get this feature. They're too lazy to add anything new and cool. Anything good, they end up taking away. Spotify is good at that. 

mattlohkamp

Also sort by duration - you used to be able to sort by duration, but now, if you filter your liked songs, you can't sort the resulting list by duration. This is a feature that was removed or broken recently, and belongs on the todo list for fixes.

Klenisho

I realise this isn't a small feature we're requesting here, and it's not the most requested too, but you need to understand the impotance of it for those of us that want it. For us this isn't a 'nice to have', this is a very important feature, one of the most important for me.

I'm a permuim user (if it matters, and personally I would double to get this feature) and I'm moving back to apple music to see if they improved - if they're usable now (they were so bad before), I'll move from spotify to them just so I could have this feature again.

(By this feature I mean to have a consistent personal play count that's updated from all your devices, and can be shown in any display of the songs. Being able to sort by it is just a by product)

Goodman
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-10-28

Thank you for your feedback.
At this time we do not have any plans to do this. If anything changes we'll come back here and post an update.

elpalmero

well, there are many ideas that are not taken into consideration by spotify team.

Why not having an open mind and have an advanced mode with the possibility to choose or not choose some cool options like this?
OPEN MIND!