[Playlists] Sort Playlists by Personal Play Count

This way if we come across a playlist or search results that are showing alot of songs, you can sort them by listen count so you can either listen to songs you have heard often that you know you already like, or conversely, you can listen to songs you have never heard and gradually make your way back to songs that you have heard more often.

I have included my mockup from photoshop what this could look like if implemented as i see it.

SPOTIFYIMPLEMENT.jpg

Updated on 2019-04-08

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We've spoken to the team in charge of this and we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now'.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Related Ideas

Comments
Visitor

I support this suggestion 100%! Please spotify, reconsider this!

I was just about to try creating my first "smart" playlist (something I used all the time when I used iTunes back in the day) through some Spotify dev's web app (aside: smart playlist creation should also be easily available). I assumed play count would obviously be an available attribute for songs. But it's not there, so I'm going to try out Apple Music again.

Here's my use-case: I get many recommendations for artists and albums from a variety of sources. It's way more than I can listen to immediately, so I put lots of music in a "To Listen" playlist. I eventually listen to the songs on this playlist and add them to my "Liked Songs" playlist as appropriate. Once I've listened to them, they're no longer "To Listen", so I want them off the playlist. We have computers that should manage this for us. The "smart playlist" way to do this would be to create a second playlist, consisting of all the songs in the first playlist that have a song count of zero.

Repost of an inactive idea.  That means an idea they ignored.  iTunes would let you sort a playlist by least recently played.  Simple concept.  What was the last "new" feature in Spotify?  Sadly I haven't found another service that has this feature.  If you find one, please let me know.