Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort Playlists by Personal Play Count

This way if we come across a playlist or search results that are showing alot of songs, you can sort them by listen count so you can either listen to songs you have heard often that you know you already like, or conversely, you can listen to songs you have never heard and gradually make your way back to songs that you have heard more often.

I have included my mockup from photoshop what this could look like if implemented as i see it.

SPOTIFYIMPLEMENT.jpg

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
timvanbourg
Please let me know what app other than iTunes has this feature.
Noxxys

Google Play Music had it, just a simple column with my personal play count. But they stopped this app, and I didn't like Youtube Music, that's why I switched back to Spotify.

Jorhf

OHHHH SPOTIFY!! You have to make this happen!! 

timvanbourg
Pitiful that it is necessary. To mark where I stopped listening to a
playlist, I click the heart so I can go back to that spot.
Jorhf
Yeah, I just really really want to have play count on all the songs I listen to. Would love to know how many times I've listened to Petrichor by Sulphur by Soilwork haha
hanasugi

PLEASE DO THIS!!! it's 2020 and i'd love this. apple music has this feature, and it's really nice.

rave14210

Honestly the lack of this feature makes me miss my years in iTunes with my own library...

It would give so much more insight and access to the music I love...

I love Spotify for its easy ways of new discoveries. This feature would make it complete for me.

Thanks,

Ramon 

rhinotainment

Hey Spotify, unsurprisingly demand didnt slow down, people still want this feature. its been over a year now, any updates? 

ignaciojcano

Could we perhaps add it to the developers API as data?

For example https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/library/get-users-saved-tracks/ already gives us information of when a track was added to the liked songs list, perhaps adding a last_played property?

I think the data already exists (because of the end of year/new year summary that spotify does) perhaps that way any developer can create a simple script to create a playlist with the songs that you haven't listened to in a while.

(If there is already an endpoint that does this, I would love to be pointed to it)

mlidbo

This needs to happen. It should really be there already.

Why isn't it? Actually, I have an idea about why spotify might be unwilling to implement and keep this idea: Namely that for this to work reliably, Spotify needs to solve the problem with the countless duplicates of songs that Spotify fails to understand and treat as duplicates. If they don't solve that they will soon get complaints that this feature is not reliable. Users will soon see the same song in different places, but they will not have the same play count because Spotify fails to understand that to the user they are the same song even if one is from the april 2001 reissue of an album while the next from the march 1999 reissue, and the next from the november 1997 reissue.

The duplicate problem also causes tons of other issues. There is an idea to fix the duplicate problems here that you can vote for.