Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort Playlists by Personal Play Count

This way if we come across a playlist or search results that are showing alot of songs, you can sort them by listen count so you can either listen to songs you have heard often that you know you already like, or conversely, you can listen to songs you have never heard and gradually make your way back to songs that you have heard more often.

I have included my mockup from photoshop what this could look like if implemented as i see it.

SPOTIFYIMPLEMENT.jpg

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
dasanayaka

I would really appreciate this feature. Please do get back to it!

Anams

That´s the reason why I joined the community, to find out if there was a way to sort it by the times you have played a song. It would be the best thing spotify can do!! It´s a bummer we cannot do that, and on top of that if you do shuffle, it plays songs shuffled but in the same order everytime

groupama3

i'd rather use this feature for finding new artists I haven't listened to yet, for example a dynamic playlist containing only artists that I haven't heard

RonyDart

We should be able to browse our music the way we want instead of heaving fixed views (i.e. by Songs, by Artist, by Albums). I Also think that we should be able to rate songs we like or dislike.

Spotify keeps creating things that THEY think are usefull but forget to make current users happier with improvements WE want!

If you agree with me, please vote in the idea below and support it:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Personal-Rating-of-Music/idi-p/179102

groupama3

yes, this would be a great feature for artist discovery

karmacreator

Also can we see play count on mobile? That would be great lol. But yeah we deff need to bring this feature to life

CherryLax

This is the one thing that I miss from iTunes. If this were implemented I would be able to break free from the redundacy of the shuffle algorithm

Nico

Great idea! ^^

Peace

groupama3

need this for discovering new music and knowing whether I should listen to a new playlist or not

Tendenzium

Good idea. An idea which is related: Random play list where songs with a higher count are played more often....