Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort Playlists by Personal Play Count

This way if we come across a playlist or search results that are showing alot of songs, you can sort them by listen count so you can either listen to songs you have heard often that you know you already like, or conversely, you can listen to songs you have never heard and gradually make your way back to songs that you have heard more often.

I have included my mockup from photoshop what this could look like if implemented as i see it.

SPOTIFYIMPLEMENT.jpg

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
timvanbourg

Repost of an inactive idea.  That means an idea they ignored.  iTunes would let you sort a playlist by least recently played.  Simple concept.  What was the last "new" feature in Spotify?  Sadly I haven't found another service that has this feature.  If you find one, please let me know.

Youweiparra

I have a grudge, that Spotify doesn't like people knowing exact statistics on their data.
But absolutely I'd love to have this feature.

CherryLax
Wait, if that's why this hasn't been added, why not make it like the
popularity meter on each song where you can't tell the exact number?
Youweiparra

Now that is a great solution!

matweller

Why on earth can't we see our own data?

KiltedHopKilla

Another "our team doesn't care about your satisfaction and isn't talented enought to implement" reply from Spotify.

Adamd713

Quite curious about what use cases the Spotify Product Team is trying to solve if a request this popular can be ignored. I would like to leverage the ability to see what songs I've listened to the most for a number of reasons, most notably the fact that your API only allows for a limited amount of tracks to be returned.

Eqs

Hello, I've seen so many times this idea of getting a very useful and enjoyable play count and thinking how easy would be for Spotify to add this option/tool and starting to think that the reason why the company is not doing it it is because of its business, I am guessing that in somehow the app/web shows you songs to play depending on its business interest, I mean, the company could prefer you to listen to new or particular songs because it has an commercial agreement with a record company/artist in order to do it. And by giving us a tool to re-play our most long-term favourite songs or our favourite lost songs we would act in a kind of different direction. So, this thought leads me to believe that in depth Spotify shuffle play at your library it is not random at all in reality. 

An example of my theory: 

You like both artist Drake and 50cent.

But currently Drake has a better treatment/agreement with Spotify.

Consequently when you go to shuffle play on your library, you'll listen to your fav Drake's songs more times that 50cent ones, although your aim is to have the same chance for both of them.

If this theory is right it would be legitime maybe, but mean, miserly from a company that big.

timvanbourg
Whatever their reason. As soon as people find a service without this
restriction, people will leave. It isn't how you develop a long term
relationship.

Noxxys

This feature is present in the competing music apps, and it seems basic to implement. Each user should have their own play count values, accessible only to themselves. I understand that it might not be a priority for you, but at least add it to the web APIs.

My use case: I have a lot of tracks in my playlists, and I regularly add more albums, but I don't have time to listen to them at that moment. I would like to be able to sort the tracks by the least played, so I could find all these tracks that I've never listened to and put them in a separate playlist. A smart playlist feature would of course be even better, but I've stopped expecting new things from Spotify over the years. Innovation is dead.