Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort by Release Date

It would be nice to be able to sort a playlist by the release date of the songs.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
LeaWeggerby

Add the feature of sorting playlists by release date PLEASE!!!! Itunes has this feature - just saying.

In general i think the sorting available for the playlists are way too narrow, i think a genre-collum would be nice too.

tonynautajr

I think this is such an essential function! When following an artist(s), you'd like to keep the newer released titles higher up on your track list while the older releases lower, for easier access and to help keep things organized. Please add this function! Thanks a lot guys! Love Spotify forever!

Victoriaf

yes please! Would be great for big compilation playlists to be able to jump to a certain era of music but not have to make a seperate playlist for the genre

sortingByRecent

I really want it!!

rohrerp

UP. I really need this feature. I like making playlists based on years and that would help me a lot. Right now I need to enter on the album of the song to check the release date and Its a lot of work.

wheelnr1

Not only should Spotify allow us to add release dates to our playlists, but we should able to edit them as well.

By that I mean deleting extranneous words like remastered version etc. and removing and changing any other information.

I'm not sure why you have to wait for a majority vote. For $9.99 a month we subscribers deserve any and all possible features.

Thank You

jojocc22

yes please, i also was suggesting this idea

-4n05aeq_1wkq

I would love to be able to sort my “decades” playlists by release date. 

One of my Decades lists is my normal playlist choice and it would be great to play these in order that I originally heard them!  Thanks. 

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey,

Thanks for continuing to share your votes for this idea here in the Community.

We don't have plans for this feature at the moment, so we're keeping this as 'Not Right Now'.

In the meantime, we'll continue to check the feedback here, and pass this on. 

Many thanks!

miiichael_au

Another +1 here. Also noting that year of release is far more useful to me than the date I added the song to the playlist.
I'd even be willing to settle for the year being displayed, and I have to reorder tracks myself.