Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort by Release Date

It would be nice to be able to sort a playlist by the release date of the songs.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Jussmurr

This has been here since 2014.... what are yall doing? This is simple programming. I'm about to make my own music app...

lightsoutdnb

bmndan

How come this feature isn't implemented/in the works yet? I discovered Spotify two weeks ago stunned all 500+ songs I collected all these years since mid 00s were there, looking up random songs not even one was missing

I started adding them one by one and then realized the "Year" column was missing in the Sort menu wondering is this a bug? Not caring that much as I was high blindly listening to my childhood memories slowly building up my playlist; How I'll find them later on wasn't on my mind

Now googling "spotify sort by year" having discovered this board it appears over 1000 people suggested what I refuse to believe isn't a feature in this life changing app

I'm in the process of saving my 500+ all time favorite songs to Spotify so I can access them anywhere anytime and finally delete old mess I have buried in a "Music Backup" folder on my drive I can't even remember when last touched

This is a 10 year waited app I never even knew existed up until weeks ago and and so it was a golden opportunity to get all my songs synced and organized and to stop worrying about them getting lost when my drive dies being the only backup

Please add the Sort by Release Date so I can easily find and listen to my memories!

This is an idea I just drafted you're welcome to pass on to the devs if it helps!

Untitled-01.png

Elliot77

This is the feature I absolutely most desire in Spotify! I love the Discover Weekly playlist and I love that it chucks me some old stuff as well, but each year when it comes to Hottest 100 voting time, I have to manually go through each Discovery Weekly track I've loved that year and work out which ones were actually released in that year. To be able to sort by release date would be SO helpful!

rahulnever2far

This feature would be insanely helpful. Please add it.

hectormateos

+1

SpotOfficial75

Having the ability to sort songs within a playlist by their original release date would greatly enhance my listening experience. This is a feature that in my opinion is long overdue and it is a wonder to me why the Spotify developers have not given this it's proper attention. Please listen to your loyal Premium Subscribers and give us this long-awaited feature. Thank you! 

yaakovb314

This is the one feature I need on spotify. It would automatically sort by album and if you have a playlist with a large variety in time it would be cool to experience how music has changed through the decades. 

imathew

2020: The Year Of Sorting By Date On Spotify?

How hard is it to add this column to your database. Customers have been requesting this simple feature for years. I resent that you keep ignoring us...