[Playlists] Spotify ''Group''-Playlists

My name is Mees and I'm a user of Spotify for a few years now, over the years Spotify improved a lot in my eyes. On the other hand, there are a few things that can be improved in my eyes.

So I just started a ''Public Spotify Summer''-playlist, and put it on ''Collabrative Playlist''. The idea was: people all around the world can add their favorite summer songs to it and share them with either, throughout this playlist.

But immediately, I noticed people could also delete the songs or change the order they are in. 

My idea is to create a different feature so you can choose whether people can add/delete/change order of the songs. This would mean I can make a worldwide playlist were people can only add songs to my playlist.

The other option is to make ''Group Playlist'', so you can invite friends and family to your playlists and have a private playlist as a group. An additional feature would (again) be, to manage peoples rights to add/delete/change order of the songs.

I would like to see this being featured in the nearby feature so me and my family, friends and acquaintances can enjoy Spotify even more. Because that's what it's all about right? Enjoying the music!

Updated on 2019-04-16

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please also check this related Idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Only-selected-Playlist-Authors-for-Collaborati...

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-04-16

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please also check this related Idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Only-selected-Playlist-Authors-for-Collaborati...

fpvm_a-f24jt

This is an important idea! I've made a few BPM playlists for my running group which have been accruing new followers who are adding tunes. This is welcomed but I would like to have administrative power over the playlist as some of the songs being added are not the correct BPM (or are just really terrible songs!)

I'm anxious about removing tracks other people have added as they might be offended and could 'retaliate' by deleting tracks themselves.

Please do add this administrative function for creators/curators! I love that people are enjoying the playlist and can suggest new tracks but I would like to be able to veto them as the playlist's originator.

Thank you!

fpvm_a-f24jt

Update!

As feared - someone who had been adding tracks to a BPM running playlist I set up also deleted LOADS and LOADS of music I had painstakingly added previously. I hadn't even removed any of theirs which were the wrong BPM. This is REALLY FRUSTRATING! And frankly quite rude :'(

I have now made the playlist non-collaborative, which is a shame. And it'll take me ages to get it anywhere near where it was - a lot of time and effort wasted.

FanJesTic

I support this idea 100%.

I would like to start a collaborative playlist I can share with my colleagues but without owner controls that will turn into complete and utter anarchy. It would be great if there was an option that could turn off all the rights (except for adding songs) for anyone but the owner.