[Playlists] Statistics and Analytics for Playlists

There should be stats available for every playlist like number of listeners, most played song, etc.

This can help people know how they're playlist is doing and what's the best.

Updated on 2018-08-29

Hey everyone,

Thanks for continuing to vote for this idea in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Right now, we don't have plans to make statistics like this available so we're keeping this as 'Not Right Now'.

We'll continue to pass your feedback on to teams here, and will keep you posted if we have any updates. 

Thanks!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-07-21

Marked as new idea and edited it to let it focus on 1 request.
Your other request about statistics for artists is already available here.

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

iacolencio
Casual Listener

Through integration with last.fm it is possible keep track of statistics on the plays etc but it would be very nice to have this thing implemented on spotify.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

randyalan99
Regular

Would love to have this sort of feature directly in Spotify.

jamiegray
Roadie

You've got my kudos. I submitted a similar idea, but I'm glad you already got some traction on this one.

samarnett
Gig Goer

Number of times viewed is anothe feature I would like to see implemented.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-08-05

Hey @dweynlovessptfy thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. Right now we don't have plans to make statistics like this available to all users. However, we'll keep this idea open to keep getting votes and feedback that we'll continue to pass on to teams internally. Thanks!

islandbeats
Gig Goer

This is a great idea full Support!

fluxx
Music Fan

I would love to see more statistics in general, eg. what are my personal top tracks I listened to?

DaaNvE
Roadie

This would make it so much more rewarding to create your own playlists. It would give the use of Spotigy a great new dimension. Full support for this idea!

DonSolare
Roadie

The skip rate of individual tracks of any playlist is a key feature that allows independent curators (i.e. non inhouse curators) to make any playlist better: tracks with a low skip rate might climb positions on the playlist; and those tracks with a higher skip rate will possibly stay not too long on the playlist - or yes, but this is a decision of the curator.

it is clear that inhouse curators have access to lots of this kind of information. We do not need so much. But the skip rate is essential. Could you consider integrating it?

Note:in principle you can keep this feature "secret" (i.e. only for the curators), because it might be less diplomatic to see that artist x has a high skip rate on a particular playlist.