[Playlists] Tell Recommended Songs to ignore playlist name

Say I call my playlist "[fake movie name] soundtrack", suddenly all recommendations are soundtracks from other movies (like lord of the rings) despite the fact that none of the songs in the playlist are.
Say I call it "canciones de rock internacional" (international rock songs in Spanish), suddenly all recommendations are from hispanic musicians.
I understand how this could be useful to some but right now what I find myself doing is temporarily changing the playlist name to something that fits my search and then changing it back to the original when I'm done.
While this isn't life ruining behavior, I'd rather be able to tell the recommendations algorithm whether the title of the playlist matters at all than having it take precedence over the songs in the playlist.

Updated on 2019-11-29

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Related Ideas

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-11-29

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here