Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Turn Off/Remove/Opt Out of "Your Episodes"

Currently, downloaded podcasts are automatically added to the "your episodes" playlist (whether you want them there or not). They are not automatically removed when you un-download them. Additionally, is a pain to remove each episode from the playlist, you have to perform at least three steps. This feature, as it currently exists, serves little more purpose than to be a duplicate of the "downloads" tab. 

In sum, users should be able to choose whether or not they utilize the "your episodes" playlist feature and have greater control over how it functions. 

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
drewthorne

Second everything posted. I have to click 4 to 5 times to organize podcasts, and another 2 to 3 to update podcasts off my now useless lists. Happy to set up a screen share, share recordings, etc. Did no one try this feature before pushing it? Also, how come you don’t show this functionality on the desktop app? Bc you know it’s awful or you’re lazy and don’t want to have a seamless experience? 9.99 is suddenly a second guess for me, and I’ve been using Spotify since beta. Fix it 

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

drewthorne

4 months later and who knows how many episodes I have downloaded, listened to, un-downloaded and then had to remove from a useless playlist that only appears in app and not on desktop. Also, downloading does not automatically add to my episodes. So I have to download then audit to see if I have to manually hit the + sign to add bc now I’m forced to use this garbage design. Last, new episodes does not work. Marketplace morning report show, every morning has 3 episodes drop. New episodes always misses the 1st or second episode of the day. I have to navigate to the bubble for podcasts (another example of UX no one asked for), scroll down to the show I like, then find and download and add to episodes. If I didn’t do all this, I would never see it. If you do read and care, email me and we’ll walk through this. Every month I see my credit card statement for 9.99 and wonder if it’s worth it? Show me it is

Lisa_morrow

I don't even have podcasts downloaded and have it. I regretted updating spotify for multiple reasons that day. It's weird because it isn't on desktop, just mobile. I would like this to be an option (as many of the other changes should be made options).

Kevvws

+1 

I'd like to be able to opt to have episodes automatically removed after I finished them.

The ability to create your own playlists in case you want to save certain episodes for re-listening later on is already there, so there's really no need to have all these episodes piling up.

DeloD

Agreed, I extremely dislike this "Feature" as every few days I then have to go through and manage ANOTHER list. Give us the option to turn off the auto add to My Episodes. The fact you thought this was a genius idea, to auto add to a Playlist when we don't have an option to opt in or out and then not have an auto remove? Just create a check box to turn this off please.

VWISmoovB

Hopefully this feature is eliminated or at the very least we are given ability to choose multiple episodes to remove from this Your Episodes “playlist” 

Hajsjdha

Yes! I cannot stand the recent reformatting. It is hard to find my downloaded podcast episodes that I have not yet listened too because the Your Episodes section gets so clogged up. It was so much easier to have podcasts and music separated and then within those sections a subsection for downloaded material. It was simpler and easier for me to tell if I had everything downloaded that I needed before leaving an area with wifi. Now it takes so much sifting. This is very frustrating.

binthinak

I’ve never even listened to podcasts and I have the episode section invading my music space. So frustrating. 

TonyDZ

I find the whole Your Episodes thing very frustrating. On the app and on desktop it takes so long to delete a large amount of episodes that I have downloaded, played, then un-downloaded. For it to not automatically delete played episodes from this playlist, whether downloaded or not, is incredibly thoughtless. The previous system worked so well, and I was so happy with it, that when this update happened I started looking for alternative subscription services, after being with spotify for many years. If it ain't broke as they say!