Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] View all playlist followers/who likes my playlists

I would really like the ability to view all of my playlist followers and I am sure I am not the only one. What I am suggesting is a simple system, where you could press on the "# Followers" section of the playlist Window:

allow view followers.png

I would suggest it would either give you a drop down of all the followers or even better (in my opinion), a redirect to another page with all the followers on it similar to the Following/Followers tab in the Follow page of the client.

Please add your kudos and any comments here!

Peter

Updated on 2019-01-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
sithmith

I don't really agree with you on that Kbaby. I'd rather have the playlist author being able to see who follows and give them the opportunity to view(maybe even delete) the followers. You don't want your stalker ex anonymously following a new love playlist with your new partner. Besides that, everyone can be searched on this and you can see what playlists they are following anyways.

And the last thing is, why on earth would you ever feel bad about liking some kind of music? We are all out of kindergarten, aren't we?

KayBaby1

Hey @sithmith,

Yeah, I didn’t think about that. Lol 

Also, because some people are judgmental a**holes who can’t respect other people’s music tastes. 

KayBaby1

I mean, would you like it if some people harassed you because they knew you liked Justin Bieber?

RadaM85

I absolutely agree with this idea, either let me see who is following me, or if I switch my playlists to private, not give access to whomever is following me to the songs I listen to. At all. Also the blocking a follower idea is a great one.

sithmith

Hey Kbaby,

I don't care one bit what people think about the music I listen to. If people harass me over something petty like that, those people are not worth wasting my energy on and I simply remove those people from my life.

Life is too short to worry about menial stuff like people mocking your taste 😉

KayBaby1

Hey sithmith,

I agree. 🙂👍 We shouldn’t care about what other people think, especially what they think about our music tastes. If they can’t respect us because of what we listen to, then that’s their problem. 😉

I admit, however, that I do care about what other people think, but at the same time I don’t. It’s confusing. Lol

tammyyim1

Very weird that this feature (a small feature at that) is removed.... Not needed at all when everyone clearly loves it (just look at the sheer number of votes we've got in hopes to have this feature restored)!!  It was one of ways on Spotify I used to find out if any friends like my playlist (we all want a seal of approval, right? 😉 ), find new stuff for the same music genres, find users with similar tastes, find similar types of playlists etc.

**PLEASE BRING THIS FEATURE BACK!!!** 

rhuyoa

Let's keep this thing alive. Let's promote the FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW

NO NEED SCREENSHOT
I CHECKED MY FOLLOWERS LIST TO FOLLOW BACK. PLEASE FOLLOW ME HERE. CLICK THE LINK THEN SMASH THAT FOLLOW...
https://open.spotify.com/user/7rwspb04r59f40qn7bwtqgjk0?si=rD_XBCAYQ_SfU76Cqw6bPw

I don't see the need to see exactly who is listening to my playlist (the feed on the desktop's right hand side does that, if you catch it), but I would love to see some stats about my listeners.
From where people are?

For how long they are listening to it?

What musics they listen to most?

Do they listen on shuffle?

Spotify has been focusing on giving the listener options and artists control of their songs, but forgot to think about millions of people that create playlists and want to share around their "music DJ creations". I'm sure they do this with their own playlists, why not give the abillity to users as well?

Maybe they just want to people listening to their playlists?? rsrsrs

kcowne4

I would just like Spotify to answer why they will not bring this feature back? It seems like a great deal of Spotify's customers would like to see this change they've been asking for.