Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-15

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Rohirrim

Great idea. Looking for age such a feature. Hope to implement very very soon.

Smooz616

Please add the option of adding a bookmark to a playlist. I like to leave my playlists in the order that they are and would love to be able to book mark a playlist to get down to that playlist quicker and leave it in the order that I like it. If I 📍  it, it moves and then I lose my place. I have 100’s of playlists at this point and want a way to keep better track of certain sections without taking it out of order.

Febinalex

great idea please implement this , spotify

Neu78

It is so easy to listen to a podcast episode from star to finish. The Spotify app clearly records the point the listener previously stopped. The  app automatically resumes from that point. Once the listener finishes an episode, it is marked as "listened". 

It would be great if there was an option to create playlists that behave like that: the user can easily resume from the exact point they stopped listening before that particular playlist, no matter which device.

slntstrwbrry

i love this

please extend to albums too. i dont always finish an album in one sitting

Jorgew7

It would be great if this could happen automatically too.

For example if a friend sends me the link to a song on WhatsApp, once that song has finished it would go back to the playlist I was originally playing.

safronicus

Most days I listen to Slow Ragas song list. But, if I listen to something else in between, when I go back to Slow Ragas, it starts at the beginning again, rather than wherever I left off. It would be great if there was a way to return to a set point in a song list.

lblnd

For when you dont wana hear the same songs you just listened to. (mostly applies to shuffled queues) 

Just a button to play where you left off last, local to each playlist, picking up the queue that you likely had on shuffle. 

When you shuffle a playlist and come back to it there no way to just tap the next song in line and keep going. If you shuffle it again you hear repeats.

I'd love to have this personally, especially for trips with other people. People who are a little more picky when its not their music and dont wana hear what they just heard the other day from your auxly duties.

DAvisjohncid

I am writing to make the following request, that to the application they can add a list marker, sometimes one creates lists or adds from those that spotify offers but they have so many songs that many times they are not heard completely, it would be useful a marker that you will remember the last song in each list that one has in the app so that the different created and automatic lists would be better used

spanish

Les escribo para hacer la siguiente solicitud, que a la aplicación se le pueda agregar un marcador de lista, a veces se crea listas o se agrega de las que ofrece Spotify pero tienen tantas canciones que muchas veces no se escuchan del todo, sería útil un marcador que recordarás la última canción de cada lista que uno tenga en la app para que se aprovechen mejor las diferentes listas creadas y automáticas