Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
MrFinnk

I still think this is a great and important idea! Did you work on that, is there already ans possibillity to do so?

adampike

So has anything been done about this? I have the same problem and this was made as a "good idea" in 2015. 

martyweil

This feature will be essential for anyone listening to an audiobook on Spotify. 

aesterling

It's just like how Netflix asks, "Resume from 9:23" or "Play from beginning."

A feature like this would be super helpful for Spotify users!

rafawendel

I've bybassed the lack of this listening to playlists in a specific order and recalling which was the last song I listened from that playlist (listening record sometimes helped me). However, the order being always the same and the lack of a function to radomly organize the whole playlist (only random play is available) made me feel like my playlists are previsible. Sich a simple thing to implement, yet present in no streaming player.

chalkea

I love this idea, and it was actully one I came on here to suggest but found it was already a topic. 

I've wanted this feature for a while as I live off Playlists that update weekly for new music. 

Please add this, a simple feature that would make a world of difference. 

Thank you!

Aaron

juandurr

Want! 

sfd8878

Please implement this function. It goes hand in hand with this idea https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bookmark-Position-in-Track/idi-p/1023674. It should really not be that hard to implement a function like this. Your paying users are longing for this feature, including me. Thx!

Dfsoto

It seems the daily mix is already doing this. They just have to make it work for albums and playlists. 

19micky74

Hi, it's stated as a good idea more than two years ago! 

Whats happening?