Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playstation][Podcasts] Video playback on the PS5

Could Spotify solve the problem of no video display for JRE on PS?? Many people use PS as their only in-house media player. This is for Netflix, YT and Spotify. Considering JRE's migration to Spotify next week, it will be crucial to all these users to be able to display the video content of the podcast on PlayStation as well..

Updated on 2023-06-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that streaming video podcasts on PS5 consoles is now possible.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-12-02

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Others can now vote on it and add to the conversation to show their support.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

You can also check out other related ideas below:

Cheers!

W2112

I want to vote this up, won't let click vote. 

LuckyGinger

How is this not already a feature?

sapientsage

"Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes."

You're kidding right? How is this not obvious, and not developed as soon as they decided to have JRE exclusive to Spotify. Half of the appeal of JRE is watching the video, and for you to require a certain amount of up-votes on a forum that barely anyone visits, just to consider implementing it, is bad business practice.

Karlkult

This should not even be up to debate. Please 'implement' this idea. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

jposillico89

I'm not a big conspiracy guy (shocking for a Rogan fan, I know), but I feel like this is the result of Spotify employees passive aggressively trying to silence Rogan. I mean, why wouldn't you add the video option to ps4 or xbox, when it's literally the easiest way to watch podcasts on TV now he's not on youtube? No one's used chromecast in like 7 years.

KrystalRose

The website won’t let me click vote. Please count this as my vote.

This should have already been an inherent feature that should not need a vote. Especially since this feature is part of the app/podcast already and JRE is now exclusive to Spotify.

MrFranks

2-DEC-2020 they consider this as a ‘new idea’ **bleep**. That’s insane.
Spend money on r&d, instead of on exclusives! Are you out of your mind?

maclainpeacock

Pleeaassseeee bring us the video of JRE to ps4/ps5. 

samsonite

Typical corporate bull****