Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please get rid of the blue tags that say "Learn more about Covid 19" on the app

Please get rid of the blue tags that say "Learn more about Covid 19" on the app

Get rid of the blue tags that say "Learn more about Covid 19" on the app

32 Replies

Why did you - recently mind you - start adding these banners to podcasts? AND do you honestly think, after 2+ years of 24/7 coverage, everybody doesn't know about it & needs yet another annoying reminder? This is cluttering the interface & useless.

I don't need yet another platform trying to nanny me and clutter up my screen with links to COVID-19 information. Treat me like the adult I am and get out of my business. 

I need to know how to remove the blue COVID-19 banner from my podcast list. I PAY for my service and I do not want or need this banner here. If I need information on COVID-19, I will not be getting it from my music service.

Blue tagging numerous if not hundreds of episodes on podcasts with "Learn More About Covid 19" does not increase user engagement. If anything, it deters it. Whats worse, many episodes are not related but may have a mentioning of terms you have deemed "related" added to the metadata! Ive been marking episodes as "played" for almost every one I see because of this because I dont want to click on each episode to read more on the episode details, which seems to be every 3rd or 4th episode. GET RID OF THIS FEATURE. HORRIBLE IDEA. 

All users need to hammer Spotify about their leftist agenda-driven banners pasted throughout the Joe Rogan podcast episode listing.  Maybe they will get the idea that, once his co tract ends, we will all leave.

Blue banner tagging for Covid19 is idiotic and assumes the listeners are stupid.  It's very annoying to see on every podcast that mentions Covid.  We all know where to get Covid information and it's not from Spotify

Why am I, a paying customer, being forced to look at infantile blue banners about covid-19? Turn off these stupid banners - I'll decide how I interpret information - NOT YOU

I understand why you had to do it to please the mob but think of more subtle ways to display it. It is way too much in your face, it is annoying and spoils the experience. Apple podcast doesn't bother their listeners with such warnings. Perhaps a setting for premium customers to turn it off altogether.

The "Learn about COVID-19" banner that appears while browsing certain podcasts is distracting and annoying. It appears in bright blue, making it hard to read the screen and find what I'm looking for. These only appear on certain podcasts (e.g., Ben Shapiro, Joe Rogan). I'm not going to rely on, or listen to, Spotify for Covid information, so please stop promoting it.

Please remove these stupid annoying blue Covid labels.  You are not a medical service...  I will make my mind up what is real and not real.  Why are there no labels for other viruses?   If someone talks about flu, cancer, basketball, [insert topic here], are you going to add a label for that?   NO...  Stop being stupid and listen to your paying customers.  Do your job,  deliver us music/audio content.

Thank you!  

Agree, it's annoying and you guys mark it on shite which doesn't even have anything to do with covid. Plus, covid has pretty much ended. There's no more masks flying around, whoever wants can get boosted, stop with the babysitting and F the **bleep** off.

I pay a lot of money to Spotify each month and don't appreciate being treated like a child who must be warned about a podcast that might contain information about Covid-19 that Spotify deems too sensitive for my brain to comprehend.  Loose the banners please, they are very insulting!!

As a paying customer I feel that I should be given the option to remove Ads, just like other apps.

I personally would like the option to remove the Covid 19 "Ads." I feel very strongly about the propaganda that is directed to me against my will/preferences, especially when I am paying for the service.

@Spotify... it should be noted that I have a similar idea that would allow you to keep the tags for users that want them and disable them for users that don't. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Podcasts-Feature-flag-for-Covid-19-alerts/idc-... I would recommend a feature flag for this.

please remove these banners or at the very least allow me to turn them off in the settings section. I personally don’t feel comfortable using a audio streaming service as my source of medical information. For my medical information I have a primary care physician and I’m happy to research things too.
Please remove or allow me to remove these from my app, especially since they’re placed in a way that just clicking through interrupts my flow within the app. 

Have to agree with everyone saying Spotify isn't where people should be getting medical info. In fact, these blue banners, aside from being a disruptive experience with regard to Spotify listeners' primary task of listening to media, could also imply Spotify is a reputable source of Covid info (it's not). Treat users like adults who can/should find reputable info on important issues on their own.

Enough already with the COVID garbage. You’re not changing anyones opinion at this point. You’re only aggravating your customers. 

If spotify isn’t going to remove these covid-19 banners, they should have an option to turn them on or off.  Then you’ll see how many people actually want them. I think we all know about covid by now🙄

As a paying customer, why am I forced to endure your covid propaganda with a stupid annoying blue banner in the middle of my already precious phone real estate.  This is ridiculous and should be removed immediately.  Stop peddling your covid garbage or I'll need to look for music elsewhere.

Suggested posts