Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcast][Mobile] Mark Podcasts as Played

Right now on mobile devices, once you're done listening to a podcast, nothing happens. There's no signal that you've already listened to it or anyway to mark it as listened to except for clicking on it and dragging the time bar to the end of the episode. On the computer interface there's a little blue bar that shows you if you've listened to it or how far into it you are, but there's also no way to easily signify if you've already listened to the episode. There should be some way, whether its a blue wheel or another visual form that shows people if they've listened to a episode or not, and there should also be a way to click the control for an episode and mark it as already listened to.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks!

This has now been implemented. You can find the 'Mark as Played' button by clicking the three dot menu next to Podcast episodes on Mobile. 

Screenshot_20190523-102837__01.jpg

You can also check out how much of a show you've listened by checking out the green progress bar and time indicator. It'll say 'Played' once a Podcast is complete. 

Screenshot_20190523-104146_2.jpg

Comments
BOGOPogo

Right now on Desktop I have to click at the end of a podcast to mark it listed to. A right click option would be nice.

abbott_56

I tweeted this to spotify today regarding the mobile app and think this is a feature really needed. When a podcast has a few remaining seconds left, or you accidentally go over into the next podcast they annoyingly display as partically listened to, when in actuality you want to mark them as heard so that icon dissapears. Please implement this!

i_bill

This would be great. The only thing I still use iTunes for is podcasts. Would love to be able to transition everything over to Spotify.

Things that I think are necessary:

• Played & Unplayed information syncing between devices
  • Ability to skip over Played podcasts. Currently when one podcast ends, the next one in the list plays regardless of whether it's already been played.
  • Option to automatically delete Played podcast downloads
  • Pick up where you left off. If I'm listening to a podcast at work on my laptop and then leave to head home, it would be great to have it continue from where I left off on my phone.

elevatedsteve

Other people seem to already have touched on all the things I would like to see regarding podcasts, but I want to add my support for these ideas too. I really want to use Spotify for podcasts, but until it can easily handle marking podcasts as played, I can't.  

Hope Spotify is almost done with this update.

Thanks

kruchnjev

What's the status on this feature?
I've tried switching from iTunes to Spotify for podcast, but the lack off this feature is the only reason I had to go back to iTunes.

sallycatriona

It's ridiculous that this doesn't exist!! Needs to be a mark all as played as well as individual episodes

tobort

in what universe would a developer think this is not a basic, day-one feature of listening to podcasts, my god

TwiceNightly

Hi! Just popped in to let you know that you can (kind of) do this!

Go to Podcasts, then Unplayed and then choose Edit and delete all the podcasts out of there that you have listened to.

gsbryant

Any updates on this? Seems like a pretty basic and needed action for an app to be a podcast player.

Rudayn

Someone else mentioned this before. It was a lot easier to listen to the unplayed episodes of the podcasts I follow. Now I have to go into each podcast one by one to check if they have new episodes that I have not listened to yet. 

Please bring back the unplayed episodes for all followed podcasts.