[Podcasts] Add Podcast by URL/RSS Feed for Podcast Membership Support

The producer of podcasts (and lots of other things) Slate has a membership program called Slate Plus. Many of the podcasts produces by Slate give members access to extra material and even full episodes that are members only. I listen to podcasts using Spotify, including Slate's podcasts. However, I cannot access the members only episodes through Spotify. Other podcast apps have the possibility to enter a code or special URL (provided by Slate) that gives access to members only material. Spotify should have this feature as well.

Updated on 2019-02-12

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Marked as new idea :)

Repost of this inactive idea.

/L

Comments
LeoRager
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-02-12

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Marked as new idea :)

Repost of this inactive idea.

/L

febrile42

I would love to kick less well made apps to the curb and use Spotify for all my audio needs, but this is a required feature for many listener supported podcasts. Many Patreon supported podcasts have subscriber-only RSS feeds, and some larger podcasts have started their own (like Sam Harris and his million plus listeners per episode). 

bennjjee

This is actually stopping me from moving over to using Spotify for podcasts from PocketCasts. I listen to a podcast that has specific content for subscribers via Patreon. I receive a url for the member-only content which enables me to receive that content. No option to facilitate this in Spotify though.

GeoffFFitch

This is crazy Spotify doesn't support this. Every podcast app supports this. Premium podcast feeds are a standar practice now for podcast publishers. Makes Spotify useless as a podcast app for anyone serious about podcasts or anyone who wants to support creators. 

coopergore-us
Regular

People who pay for premium podcast feeds are probably paying for spotify premium!

It's important to note that whether or not a lot of people are asking for this future, a lot of people will use it. Premium RSS feeds are a near-universal phenomenon, especially with popular podcasts. This feature being missing keeps me from letting spotify get its hooks even deeper into my media habits.

volllly

if spotify wants to be a podcast app it needs the feature to add premuim rss feeds.

not some more or less useful ui redesigns.