Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Adjust Audio Speed of Podcasts (1.5x or 2x)

I have just discovered podcasts in the Spotify mobile app and as an avid podast fan I'm delighted to finally see this feature!

I would love to be able to alter the speed of a podcast, to play at 1.5X or 2X the default speed as per the default apple podcast app I currently use.

As many podcasts I listen to are very long (up to 2 hours), until such time as the playback speed can be altered I will use the apple podcast app to listen to podcasts.

Updated on 2019-07-04

Hey folks! 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

Podcast speed controls should now be available across all devices. You can play at speeds of 0.5x, 0.8x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x. 

The desktop controls can be found in the bottom right corner and the controls on mobile can be found to the right of the play button, when you're playing a podcast. 

Thanks!

Comments
ryovy_yl2-tzo

Looks like this was just added!

LudoErgoSum

Finaly. This has been my top “spotify don’t listen to their users, gripe”. And why I have fewer stocks. Now I can finally start considering using Spotify for podcasts. 

nul800seb

Yeah well.. there's a few hundred other things that need to improve before Spotify can be considered a serious podcast client.

Really really hate that Gimlet podcasts are now an exclusive Spotify thing.. looking at you, Crimetown.

This doesn't end well.

SPEED_UP_MUSIC

It would be nice if this feature would also apply to songs. Spotify users have been asking for this feature for years.

Chum_Bucket

@meahtenoha wrote:

Updated on 2017-11-09

Hey folks, thanks for bringing your feedback around podcasts to the Idea Exchange. We don't have plans to allow users to adjust the audio speed of podcasts at this time, but if this changes we'll let you know right here. We'll keep an eye on this idea should it continue to grow and get support. Thank you!

What DO you have plans for that would materially benefit users? Just out of curiosity.

awillis146

Please add this feature! 

Batottie

Just a note to Spotify to update the official reply at the top of this comment to let users know this has been added

awillis146
Hey, they actually have added this on their app! 1.2x, 1.5x, 2x, etc.
s6s5a2

I am forced to keep two separate apps on my phone for music and podcast because of this. It is really important to have a playback speed control for podcasts.

kzchzch

This is solved, at least for premium users. Not sure how it is with a free account.

94A4A610-CAB1-4DEE-8C14-34D86203C5BD.png

B4EFB89F-F6D5-48CD-A4A9-52CEAFAA1A7C.png