Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Gcelis
If that’s the case, give me a feature to stop having podcasts shoved in my
face when I log in. I don’t want to see them. I’m just about ready to
cancel and this is putting me over the edge.

Thievinggypsy

If you're not going to bother implementing it properly, you should pull the feature and admit that you're not interested in that market - it just adds unnecessary clutter to the app, and false hope to users that you have a clue about what makes a good feature. 

PetrusB

Okay, well, I am done with Spotify. Will delete the app and cancel all my subscriptions. You obviously don't care about your customers. 

michaealrfreed

I LOVE this idea. I'd really like to be able to use Spotify for my podcasts, since it's my primary app for music, and this feature is a big one for me to make that transition. 

Queenoftheducks

I honestly don't understand why Spotify isn't considering this. This is a basic feature that is available on All other podcast playing platforms. I wanted to try using Spotify for all my audio needs but the lack of this basic feature is extremely frustrating. So I will be moving back to my other platforms for podcast needs (it doesn't help that some of my favourite podcasts aren't even on Spotify. Given that there are more platforms that are competing with Spotify on the music streaming front, I am surprised that Spotify  is so complacent about its substandard podcast service. 

Spotify has always been my primary source for music. But my listening has changed, I listen to podcasts more than music. And if I can find another platform that adequately meet both my music and podcast needs, I would definitely make the switch. 

dominicbosch

That would be such a great feature! Please put it in the next sprint 😄😋

maderosia

This is why we’ll never use Spotify for podcasts. I’m guessing the “Not Right Now” decision is because the podcast usage base doesn’t justify the investment. You’ll realize, we’re not clicking inside each podcast and then clicking download individually per episode on a daily/weekly basis. Your response to this feature request tells me you’re not committed to podcasts and that providing your customers less than basic functionality is acceptable for you. Until you have this very basic functionality, “Not Right Now” is my response each time you promote Spotify podcasts.

tastik

When exercising, running errands, partaking in outdoor activities, and even working, I listen to podcasts. They're my most-used type of entertainment and passive learning.

With Spotify obviously going all-in on podcasts (as can be seen with their recent purchases), I'm surprised that this isn't a priority since it would be a relatively easy feature to implement. I won't ever be able switch to Spotify for 100% of my listening needs because streaming audio is extremely inconvenient for people with active lifestyles. I even subscribed to SiriusXM because I can access it from literally anywhere that's not a cave. At this point, I only use Spotify for playing party music and occasionally checking out new tracks.

I keep checking the Spotify App (Android and Desktop) to find out if this has been added yet, and am always disappointed.

cpassmann

I would like to use Spotify for listening to podcasts but this feature is mandatory for me. Without it, I will continue to use my current podcast app.

mikey_f_kindrat

100% agree this should be a feature.  My memory is totally bloated with downloaded podcasts, and I never get to play the new ones right away because I forget to download them.  Dude, if Stitcher's engineers were able to figure this out years ago, Spotify should be able to implement it no problem.