Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Zenfinity

This is literally the only reason I don't use podcast feature on Spotify. It's pretty bizarre it's not implemented, because rotating playlists like Release Radar auto download. So... what's up with that?

ryan4157

Bummer to see that this post is over 3 years old and this still ins't a feature. I would love to use Spotify for Podcasts but won't do it without this feature.

Heppuv

Please implement this.. I listen to tens of hours of podcasts every week and don't want to individually download them all when I'm on my home wifi.. Would love to use spotify but Player fm is still more convenient.

alhabetl

Pretty upsetting this feature still isn't included, especially with Spotify trying to make themselves a player in the podcast space.  My favorite podcast is becoming Spotify exclusive, and now I will need to start downloading each episode individually - huge waste of time when this should be standard for every podcasting app.

ThunderSmacks

I doubt if I will ever do anything again in my life that is as universally popular as this forum post. After posting this I stopped using Spotify for podcasts because of basic functionality like this missing. It's a real shame to see that there's still no plan to implement it.

Rafyelzz

Same here. I'd love to rely only on Spotify for music and podcasts, and wi-fi auto-download is what's missing.

I'm guessing there's a reason why they're not doing it. It has to be completely deliberated. 

In my specific case, I would also need Apple Watch sync (which I'm guessing they're years away), but I could live with leaving Apple Podcasts to do that for a couple of podcasts I want on the watch and have everything on Spotify.

PetrusB
Haha. They wont even put their Music on Apple Watch. Podcasts will never
happen. Rather use Overcast. Much better and they actually care about
customer feedback.
smashedapples

Seems like a no-brainer feature. The best version would allow me to set a number of episodes to keep locally on my device per podcast.

I don't normally listen to podcasts outside of wifi range, but I have a lot of good "road-trip" podcasts that I like to batch for a roadtrip. If I forget to pre-download the podcasts before we leave it burns through my dataplan super fast.

sellotape

Insane that auto-download isn't supported when podcasts are all about listening on the go. Lame.

lrgoncalves

This is highly desirable.