Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
tjmachado

why would you spend so much money acquiring Joe Rogan and not invest in a basic feature that makes podcasts usable on your platform? Real head scratcher. 

Daniel_Aubin

Given recent announcements of Spotify-exclusive podcast content, I was considering abandoning my current podcast app for Spotify. I dipped my toes in the water and I'm sorry, I just can't make the shift until :

1. I can mark all past episodes of any podcast as "played" with one simple action;

2. I can set selected podcasts to download new episodes automatically;

3. Played episodes will then delete automatically.

tjmachado

real head scratcher - these guys seem oblivious to user feedback. feel like no one in their engineering dept has used a podcast app.

ferropop

This will single-handedly frustrate EVERY SINGLE LISTENER coming to Spotify for the Joe Rogan Experience, and EVERY SINGLE current subscriber hoping to keep using Spotify with any modicum of confidence.

That this is flagged as "we're not planning on implementing this" is simply idiotic.

tjmachado

We have just flagged Spotify Podcasts as "we're not planning on using this" until then...

Taskman

If you want to be taken seriously when it comes to Podcasts this is a feature you MUST have.

For Podcasts to work, automatic downloads, automatic deletions and notifications for new episodes is something that should be higher on the list than any UI fix. Especially the new UI that should launch at the same time as iOS (February)

HellsBells24

I hope this becomes a "right now" idea. As more and more podcasts become exclusive to Spotify (a la Joe Rogan), it's going to become important for Spotify to keep up with other apps that have this functionality.

ibigpapa

Any updates,  I'm considering cancellation of spotify premium due to horrible podcast support.

kjax

So.. spotify is trying to make major strides in taking over the podcast space and yet somehow this feature is marked as "Not right now"?? Do you guys realize that this is the ONLY thing you would really have to do to win most of us over? I honestly couldn't care less about the Joe Rogan exclusivity, I only care about this feature.

Wllplatt

You might as well not even bother with podcasts if you don’t include this basic feature.