Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
OddOops

I hope this does get implemented at some point, currently it just adds another thing to the road trip checklist: “Download Spotify podcasts” I wish it did it automatically!

jllaferriere

I agree that this feature is necessary!  I recently switched over all of my podcasts to Spotify because one of my faves is now exclusively there, and I use and love Spotify Premium for music.  Then when I went to play a podcast, I was disappointed and frustrated to find that the ones I'd listened to already were jumbled in with the ones I hadn't and that I have to manually download each one.  As someone who is is very busy and who also listens to about 2 podcasts a day on the run, this is very inconvenient.  I'll probably head back to Apple podcasts until this is fixed.

admarko

exactly how I felt @jllaferriere  - i switched onto Spotify, switched back after 1 day to apple

WaveBlaster2

The format and functionality is good of the Spotify Community Forum, but it is absolutely pointless as Spotify does nothing to address simple issues that would make the Spotify app better. Take a look at the YouTube Music\Google Podcast apps functionality. They are function at a far superior level. I pay for the premium service as fan of Joe Rogan, but I am severely disappointed in the Spotify application. I have read many threads doing back many years and Spotify has done nothing to address the user's concerns effectively making this forum pointless and infuriating.  If it was not for Roe Rogan I would be gone ASAP!!!!!!   I have become disillusioned to the point where the Spotify  has affected my enjoyment of listening to the Joe Rogan Experience.  I get so frustrated with the Spotify app I just turn it off and listen to silence. 

earl_grey123

We need this please

mikepegg2

cmon guys - this must be the simpliest feature you can add to get people to use spotify for podcasts.

Gotta use Google Podcasts until you fix this.

Buggyaus

This is something all podcast apps should have.

Hartvik

Booooo, not coool! Paying so much, yet you guys are obviosly not listening to your costumers. Looking for an alternative for other podcast app now as this is a must-have feature for me

OliveBec

Hello,

any news on this must have feature for a decent podcast application ?

McMD

Spotify wants to compete in the podcast market they need to offer service that equal the others. I use a free podcast playing app for my podcasts simply because I can auto download episodes of podcasts I subscribe to. Something I can't do with Spotify. They can afford millions for Joe Rogan but can't afford the development cost that would allow people to automatically download his podcast and listen offline.