Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
khiciste

BOOOOOOOOO

clhodgson

I'm shocked that this is not a feature. Is it still 2015?! wth?

StrongNoodle

I keep checking on this. Each year...nope. And this isn't just a "nice to have" feature. This is ESSENTIAL for podcast listening.

Spotify cannot call itself a podcast app if it doesn't implement a feature that every podcast app, ever, has implemented.

Dude. This request is 5 and a half years old? You purchased Gimlet almost 3 years ago and are moving more podcasts exclusively to Spotify, only to **bleep** off all of the listeners who used to enjoy this basic feature. Get it together!

danafrost

This would be a huge improvement to Spotify as a podcast platform and is desperately needed.  It the only think keeping me from switching 100% to Spotify because apps like "Overcast" do so much better.  When using Spotify in the car, network connectivity is spotty so having auto-downloaded podcasts would be great.  

Not only podcasts but even new music by genre auto downloading would be good as well.  Playlists simply need to be smarter about finding content and setting up auto-download.  

iTunes (as least in the past) had a pretty good "smart playlist" where you could set up auto download by a number of factors (new music, genre, etc.)  and would automatically download to your phone. Something like that where you could have a buffer of downloaded music and/or podcasts ready to go without needing to be online would be great.

Markhansen240

What’s even crazier is you guys added lyrics at the last update which has been asked for for years but still can’t find time to even update this board or start working on auto download and delete

mcallisterpk

I am new to really using Spotify but now that I see that Podcasts are available, I am really tempted to move fully to Spotify and leave behind my other audio apps but when I saw that the podcasts can't auto download, that really makes me hesitate.  I listen to my podcasts often when I am out of range of a cell tower and am not able to listen unless they are downloaded.  Having this feature on Google Podcasts (as much as I hate that app) makes my life a lot easier.  Please, please please put this back on your list!

Such a basic feature of any podcast client. Who makes these decisions?

sonicdeathmonkey

This is the reason I still use Google Podcasts.  Give me a reason to stop giving Google more clicks.

gregorspv

Same here, people ask me why I keep using Google Podcasts and the trust is Spotify just doesn't cut it.