Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Fidgitnz

Hilarious that you’ve added *recording podcasts* in the app, yet can’t do this.  What are you waiting for?  What possible benefit to stopping premium users have this could there be?  Auto-download on weekly playlists already exists, it is beyond mind boggling that this hasn’t been added in 6 years.

MrSands

All set to make Spotify my podcast app but then find that this feature is not available. Shocking.

Schattenjager

It's a MUST for any podcast app and now that Spotify has spent millions to bring in podcast creators and make some exclusive the lack of a feature like this is absolutely mind boggling. Every single competitor is doing a better job of podcast management and they have less invested in bringing podcasts to their platforms and apps.
The value it would bring to users to manage all their music and podcasts in one app cannot be overstated but as it is users are forced to manage their podcasts in another app and leaves Spotify as a music only platform. If, like me, that user listens to more podcasts than music it starts to make little sense to even use Spotify at all.

This wouldn't be hard to implement. A download toggle on the "recent episodes" playlist that Spotify supplies would solve the download part and a rule that deletes episodes when they are marked as played will take care of removing automatically removing podcasts.

Please implement this. Spotify does everything else very well so I can't think of a more needed feature in Sportify.

AlpineZ

Need it now. 

JapAndi

This is the only feature stopping me from moving from PocketCast to Spotify.

joran89

I need to manually download to be able to add podcasts to «My episodes» folder in My Library. Must be a auto-download all New episodes soon. And of course removing them when played. 

dguillaume

How's this still not available?

Dear Spotify, this feature must be implemented. Please! 

erazm

Without this feature I am moving back to apple podcast app  as my main hub for podcast on iPhone. 
spotify it is shame that you do not care about your premium users. 
Now I am also considering to unsubscribe from Spotify and move to Apple Music as my premium Spotify subscription is actually an add on to podcasts. 
so if Spotify cannot provide me with a such basic feature why not to move to Apple Music and Apple Podcast apps…

Fidgitnz

It’s done!!  I can’t believe it!!!

go to a show, hit settings icon and there is now “Auto Download Episodes” to download future episodes as they drop.  

You can set how many episodes get kept (default 3).  

So outside of deleting downloads when you’ve listened, which is a weird omission, a solid half a decade or more of wondering why this wasn’t an option, it’s finally there.