Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Splosch

If Spotify are serious about the podcast offering then this is a basic feature that many other platforms offer as standard  

Clampetskc

This feature is available on other music/podcast players. I would like this available on Spotify as well so I don't need additional music apps on my phone. I have a $10 a month pay plan. 

Please add an auto-download option for Subscribed podcasts where x number of the latest podcasts are available to be played in offline mode and auto deleted from the device after listening.

Erinmichelletod

Please add this feature! All other podcast supporting apps have it, so I'd expect it to not be very difficult. Or at least add the feature to schedule downloads, please!

DannoNH

Id be happy for for an MVP of this at first, but my user story is this.

As a long distance commuter running out the door as quickly as I can at 5 AM, I need a podcast solution that downloads my key daily podcasts between 4:30-5:00 AM and has the new episodes ready to go with 1 touch so that I can get on the highway ASAP and press as few button as possible to get my content into my brain.

going deeper:

i have 3 podcasts i listen to daily:

BBC Witness

BBC Business Daily

NY Times The Daily

think for a moment how many screen touches it takes to get to all of them, fetch new episodes, start playing the 1st, move to the 2nd and 3rd...

way clunky!

Br14nK

I was shocked to learn that this is not a feature. It seems like a no-brainer. 

Daniel_W_90

I would really like to have this feature as well. Right now I am using another app for my podcasts. I would recommend to choose the number of stored podcast episode per podcast. That would be perfect. 

mfgolden

As a result of this policy, I will continue to use Google Play Music to listen to podcasts.  It is a shame that Spotify is not willing to implement a relatively simple feature that most people who listen to podcasts rely upon.  For what it's worth, every time I open Google Play Music to listen to my most recent podcasts I wonder to myself if I shouldn't just switch music streaming platforms altogether.  I think, at least for the time being, the inertia of not wanting to rebuild a library will keep me using both apps, but having to use separate apps for essentially the same function is frustrating.  I would think that the last thing Spotify would want to encourage in its paid subscribers is the thought of, "Maybe I should change platforms."  I listen to about 6 podcasts routinely, everytime they post an episode, and so because of this one neglected feature, at very least, 6 times a week I think that maybe Google Play is a better fit for me, and who knows, maybe it is?

lordbyron42

How about you guys just make this feature, fix the roku app, add bluetooth autoplay, and then continue enjoying my subscription fee.

PaulLittlewood

Its pointless to include podcasts without this feature.

sidhanthp

Would love to see this as well, it's a must-have for a good podcast app.