Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
AOB

3 Yrs since this critical feature was requested and still nothing?  Very responsive!

I switched over from Apple ecosystem to give this a try, but lack of auto download podcasts will mean I will likely swtich back.

blakers42

If Spotify wants to emphasize podcasts this feature is essential.

Please reconsider this. I've never wanted to deal with a new Podcasts app that's not the iOS native app, but now Sonos has deprecated podcast streaming to non-airplay2 devices, and I had to decide whether to start over with Stitcher or Pocketcasts, or some other app, to work properly with Sonos. I thought I was saving myself some hassle by migrating all of my podcast subscriptions to Spotify rather than yet-another-3rd-party-ecosystem, but this is major functionality that's lacking.

timothy_malan

This is an essential feature for podcast listening IMO.  I will have to go to another application if this is not updated.

ccordes2

Been an avid Spotify user for years now and an avid podcasts fan for just as long (native iOS app). Thought I'd give Spotify another try with the new format that emphasizes podcasts, but if you can't auto-download for offline listening... no chance. This is a must have before people will use Spotify heavily for podcasts.

eroomeoj94

This is a must needed feature!

gibi

Please add this feature 

PetrusB

I would love to have my podcasts and music in one service. Auto podcast download and play as well as download to Apple watch are features that are keeping me on Overcast for now.

NathanDG

This is a great suggestion made almost 3 years ago! Please add Spotify!!

BigTuna40

Spotify should include this option in the settings menu. I am particularly interested in removing listened to episodes. Who wants to keep episodes taking up space and have to manually remove them. Google podcast does this nicely. 

Podcast.png