Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Download and play podcasts on Samsung Gear smart watch.

The spotify app for the Samsung Galaxy watch does not allow users to download and listen to podcasts on the watch while not connected to wifi/another device. While users can download music (songs, playlists, etc) and listen to it straight from the watch (e.g. while running), this is not possible with podcasts.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-08-27

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

gck105

I think that I may have found a work around for the lack of direct podcasts from the Galaxy watch. I created a Playlist for podcasts on my phone that I add specific episodes that I want to listen to on my watch. I can then go to the watch and sync the Playlist and also download the epsiodes that I want.

CRCB750

This is much needed. Spotify is a great service but for some reason cuts itself short by not allowing Samsung Galaxy Watch users to access the service we pay for. Podcast access would be a great addition to the app.

Natt2

I own a Samsung Watch. This idea should not even be put up for a vote. You should consider working on a fix immediately.

I received a 6 month free premium subscription of Spotify because I bought a new Samsung product. "SPOTIFY" Please honor your presumed support for Samsung products by updating your app to work on Samsung Watch

Up until about 3 weeks ago I was able to download podcasts and add them to my playlist on my Spotify app on my watch available to access offline. The ONLY reason I was considering updating my subscription when the 6 month trial period was up is to Listen to podcasts offline on my $300 Samsung watch. Closing this idea, moving it, reposting it somewhere else, is ONLY shadowing the fact that there are MANY dissatisfied Samsung customers and Spotify will be losing several moneys for premium subscriptions

ellerype

Unbelievable that this isn't possible already. Listening to podcasts while working out without needing my phone was one of the main reasons I bought this watch! Stupidly assumed I'd be able to do that. Oh well, hopefully it is implemented soon.

Cmenden2

Seems like this would be easily implemented given the current ability to download playlists and albums directly to the watch. Please add this functionality!

Albin1188

Enough votes? Paying costumers have been asking about this problem for over a year? Cant take that much time and money to fix this problem. What kind of service is this? Why should Only Music work in the watch when you support podcast? Ridiculous  and greedy if you ask me...  

Podcasted

Did this idea got enough votes? This is the only ans most valuable think for me to do with the wacth. Going out for running without my phone and listen to the podcasts. I hope this is implemented soon. I was listenning podcast in other platform because it was buggy on Spotify. Now after several monthes after, a lot of the bugs were fixed. But this one feature os downloading to the phone os essential so you dont have to carry te phone arounf while exercising.

tylerfloyd8705

How is this a "New Idea"?  An audio file is an audio file, whether it's a song or a podcast. Spotify intentionally blocks you from downloading podcasts to your galaxy watch when you can download a song. Please make this a priority, this shouldn't be difficult.

rgpeach10

This is an absolute must. I actually see my "Daily Podcasts" Playlist on the app, and all the podcasts are greyed out! Just don't grey them out? I also started playing one on my phone, and as it was the last played item on my account, it played on my watch independently! This means its actually been actively disabled on the watch. Probably one line of code in the app, please fix.