Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Download and play podcasts on Samsung Gear smart watch.

The spotify app for the Samsung Galaxy watch does not allow users to download and listen to podcasts on the watch while not connected to wifi/another device. While users can download music (songs, playlists, etc) and listen to it straight from the watch (e.g. while running), this is not possible with podcasts.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
jeanpaulo

What I did that worked for me is creat a Playlist on the PC with the episodes from the podcast I wanna hear and sync the wacth... After that the playlist will appear on the Watch and it's just to click on the download button! I just couldnt navigate through the podcasts, but I could play these episodes while running! Best wishes!!

arewold

This functionality was actually promised in the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 press release, URL: https://news.samsung.com/us/galaxy-watch-active2-designed-help-balance-wellness-upgraded-connectivit...

"Another way we’re making it even easier to stay connected is through our partnership with Spotify4. Sign into your Samsung account with single sign-on from your phone or Galaxy Watch Active2, and easily browse through your music, podcasts on Spotify and enjoy a continuous listening experience. The Galaxy Watch Active2 brings you seamless device interaction experiences, and makes access to music, podcasts and multimedia access even easier."

Yet this functionality is still missing. As a paying customer of both you and Samsung, I find this incredibly annoying.

rhetty77

Absolutely agree with all of the posts on this and other idea postings .... how is this not a standard feature?, and how is this not resolved?

Audio is audio ... WT?

Getting enough votes is not going to happen ... people just get frustrated and leave. This should just work!, and we pay for it!

Spotify is about to get the Joe Rogan (JRE) podcast, largets one in the world ... better get this fixed ASAP!

Chickus

Is there any progress with this. I just got the Samsung Active watch for two reasons, one that I can leave my phone at home and track my runs with just my watch. The second is that I can download from Spotify onto my watch and listen to my downloads without having my phone on me. This would be great but all I listen to on runs is podcasts, I usually run for between 1-2 hours 4/5 times a week so music can get boring. There have been calls for this since 2018 from what I can see, why is it such a problem for Spotify to implement this change, people obviously want it. I guess others like me have found a work around but I pay good money for a Spotify service I can't get the best out of. A real shame.

JessyG

I agree with the comments, this is basic functionality no new idea.
In case of votes, you should add the 167 votes + 36 votes = 203
From: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Samsung-Gear-Podcast-Support/idi-p/4373185 and https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Samsung-Galaxy-Watch-Podcast-samsung-watch/idi-p/46170...

emigrating

So, what's happening? Even if I search for, say, Windows Weekly, from the watch app I can't get to it.

Sure,there are workarounds, like adding specific episodes to a Playlist or start playback on the phone before leaving the house, but really, just get your fingers out of your asses and include podcasts in search. It's a five minute job, if that. Considering this was announced as a feature over a year ago (Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 launch) perhaps it's time you honored the promise. 

JustAGirlinMA

Just got my Galaxy Watch 3 only to find out that I have to do a work around to be able to listen to podcasts on the Spotify app. I'm throwing in my vote, this absolutely should be standard functionality, especially for LTE smartwatches!

Myr91

This would be a great addition. As of now there are no podcast apps whatsoever for Samsung Galaxy Watches (at least that I have found so far). This is a great opportunity for Spotify to achieve Samsung watch podcast monopoly!

benk919

This issue has made me realize how little I use spotify for music, and there are free podcast services. Maybe time to cancel my spotify subscription if I can't even get podcasts on my watch. 

dessita

Why on earth would a "musical" mp3 track play and a"spoken" mp3 track not?! Why does this even need to be a "special" request?! Absolutely unacceptable, Spotify please correct what was clearly a miss and no one bothered to correct!!!