Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Import for Podcasts (OPML)

I'm an avid podcast listener.
I currently use PocketCasts and would love to use Spotify for music and podcasts.
Spotify could (potentially easily) allow one to import csv opml etc, so everyone could easily transfer all their podcast subscriptions to a superior platform.

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Shie

Yes please!!!

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-05-14

Marked as new idea.

jangla

Absolutely agree. Spotify are missing a real easy trick here - get everyone moving over to one app for all streaming music and podcasts by making it simple to migrate.

jangla

Also - "marked as new idea"

This was posted before. Unfortunately the VAST majority of Spotify users have no idea this community is here in order for them to vote on features and improvements.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Shows-OPML-Import-for-Podcasts-Shows/idi-p/1528225

jangla

Can't quite believe we're still here asking for this, 3 years after it was originally requested. Spotify are trying to capture more market share and this is one EASY win that would help users transition more completely into the Spotify ecosystem.

Sdguy67

!00%. I subscribe to way too many podcasts to enter them all in one at a time. Until i can import the full list, its not worth switching

xcq34tw

I’m a huge podcast listener and would love to start using Spotify for everything. As has been said, that’s not happening if I have to re-subscribe to everything manually. 

northsidelou

This is the only reason I still listen on pocketcasts. 

robodok

I would switch my podcasts to Spotify, but without the ability to import it would be a real pain to resubscribe to all of them, and even more of a pain to mark played episodes.

Anner8

I was willing to try spotify podcasts out since they grabbed rogan. I didn't see any of the filters i use on pocketcasts so would probably not be close to as useful but hey atleast its just an opml file yeah?

ohhh! spotify doesnt do even the most basic opml import, ha, ok, opensource readers have more features once again! go monopoly minded software yay!

network effect is the only thing i use spotify for but man, they making it harder to stay. Imagine if they allowed us to have a live opml file to write to & from, then i could use spotify OR pocketcasts, im sure that you could manage a feature like that for say... 100mil?